Home Pipes
Options

How many pipes do you have and why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^disagree^^

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    "Yes." 🤐

Just kidding around....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought an artisan cob and trying for a Russian tomato today, I've got to stop looking at the PSD forum.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to buy pipes from this retailer, use caution if you are on a buying freeze:

https://www.alpascia.com/en/homepage

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have around 200 but that is due to restoring them. 2020 I took a major pause on restorations. I am content in life at this point and having more stuff doesn't make sense so I started downsizing the collection by going through and picking favorites and deciding which ones I could live without. It was and is hard to do that. Many pipes have a story or memory associated with them. There is a reason I wanted each pipe or kept a pipe for myself. A few I have had just looked amazing like artwork. I have gone back and forth on having different shapes as favorites. I went through a poker phase. I don't have any pipes that just don't smoke well so that was never a deciding factor. I have everything from a $750 Yeti pipe to corncob pipes. One of my favorite pipes remains to be a cheap 1970's German pipe that I obtained unsmoked. My wife says you can't smoke all those at the same time or in the same day even. She is right you know. It is nice to have options and if you want a second, third, fourth bowl during the day it is wise to smoke those from a different pipe each time.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jsnake said:
    I have around 200 but that is due to restoring them. 2020 I took a major pause on restorations. I am content in life at this point and having more stuff doesn't make sense so I started downsizing the collection by going through and picking favorites and deciding which ones I could live without. It was and is hard to do that. Many pipes have a story or memory associated with them. There is a reason I wanted each pipe or kept a pipe for myself. A few I have had just looked amazing like artwork. I have gone back and forth on having different shapes as favorites. I went through a poker phase. I don't have any pipes that just don't smoke well so that was never a deciding factor. I have everything from a $750 Yeti pipe to corncob pipes. One of my favorite pipes remains to be a cheap 1970's German pipe that I obtained unsmoked. My wife says you can't smoke all those at the same time or in the same day even. She is right you know. It is nice to have options and if you want a second, third, fourth bowl during the day it is wise to smoke those from a different pipe each time.

That’s a beautiful story. To remain married AND physically intact, I could never attempt that sort of collection. Although, It is nice to see how the other half lives..

Well played, Sir Snake 😉