Home Pipes
Options

Looking for a newbie to pipes

Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

It's been several years since I've been on the forum and have gotten much more into pipe tobacco lately (something I was always interested in while a cigar smoker and something I regret not getting into much sooner but was always intimidated by it). Anyway, I'm looking for 1 or 2 folks that are new to pipe tobacco or curious to try it out.

Can't promise I'll send you a new pipe but I have WAY too much pipe tobacco and would like to part with a little of it. I also have too many boxes laying around from recent orders. Most of it will be in bag/bulk format, so be sure to have some mason jars on hand to store it once you get it.

If I'm feeling generous, I may even throw in a cigar or two. I haven't purchased a lot of cigars in the past 4-5 years, so if I do throw anything in, it may or may not have some age on it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr Rob! How have you been my man? You still local?

• Options

Hey buddy! Been good. Just been busy with work, life, etc. I'm still around. Haven't gone anywhere. You?

• Options

Just got back into cigars and dabbled in pipes. Haven’t been to 114 in years. Gave up beer and Bourbon a few years ago.... almost 4 years.

• Options

I gave up that part-time job about a year ago. Left my day job for another company and between the commute (at the time) and the hours, it was just too much. With everything that's happened this year, I'm now working from home, putting in even more hours and just generally happier.

• Options

Glad to hear that my man!

For y’all who don’t know Rob he is a legit stand up dude.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Rob, nice to see you around. Take a look at the Complete Newbie thread, about 2/3 down the page this thread is on. I do believe that @Rolanddeschain was expressing an interest. It sure is easy to acquire a LOT of pipe tobacco, isn't it?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Hahaha. Yeah, I wasn't quite at that level but I started smoking cigars, picked up a 10 count, then a 40 count, then another 30 count.... At one point, I was up to 5 humidors and finally said enough. I'm down to 3 humidors and happy with what I have.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, @Rob1110, nice to meet you. I'm in the same boat, acquiring pipe tobacco at an increasing rate, trying not to chase the next limited release. The holiday releases are making this harder.

Your generous offer should help out someone new to pipes get started, very generous.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Howdy. I’m here poking around the Pipes section for a change (just got my first pipe courtesy of @NorCalR1 ) and saw ya poking your head up. Welcome back!
    I’ve already got a Buttload of pipe questions, sounds like you’ve got some answers lol