Home Non Cigar Related
Options

California Exodus

NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a life long California Resident and Bay Area Native I have seen the area grow to a global powerhouse. I am now watching the repercussions of our state elected officials come to reality. In the past week the following major organizations have announced they are relocating their corporate headquarters to Texas:
Tesla
Hewitt Packard
Oracle

I wonder now who will be the next to leave.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully they leave their employees in California to keep voting for the **** show they're in now.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Hopefully they leave their employees in California to keep voting for the **** show they're in now.

People are leaving California in droves now that remote work is here to stay.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

Regrettably this isn’t new. I have an ex who’s family left California specifically Santa Monica, in like the early 90’s. She said the big reason was cost of living and a huge homelessness problem.

My mom briefly lived and worked in the Bay Area as her first husband was stationed there. Said it was a really pretty state. It’s a shame it’s managed so poorly.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have to be honest, I only lived in California for three years. I was actually stationed at LAX and lived in Long Beach 1989-92. I liked it a lot, yes it was expensive, but not as bad when you got away from the beaches. Have been to a few areas TDY since and I can not believe the change. I do not want to disrespect anyones home, any i know with work family and roots in an area, everyone can't just pack up and leave, but I am glad that I still dont live there. The politics would kill me and being a simple Government civilian I couldn't afford to. No not all GS workers make 100K

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Borned and bred in Kali. Left in '81 cause I was tired of loonies.

Spose I beat the rush. Prescient.

Still have sisters there. Oldest one is a real loony. Turns on CNN before she brews coffee, just so she can hate Trump all day. Youngest one is sane. Keeps her head down. Three others are all wacky. History?... Outta bounds. Fact?... What's that for? Logic?... you gotta be kiddin me. All about feelings. You got the good people on this side, and everyone else is a not sea retahrd, way they feel it.

God help us all.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    MoleRatMoleRat Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I left California 4 months ago for all the reasons mentioned.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see you are still around, MoleRat. Live long and prosper.

• Options
    MoleRatMoleRat Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

That you Silvermouse! It’s good to be back.

• Options
    PeachesPeaches Posts: 14 ✭✭