Home General Discussion

Strong Cigars Recommendations

hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I’m about 6 months into this cigar life. It’s becoming clear that I am leaning towards “stronger” cigars. I really like to try as many brands as I can and I’ve checked a ton off my list. Always looking for recommendations from the folks here. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

La Flor Dominicana N.A.S.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Punch Diablo 👊!

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@hoghunter said:
    So I’m about 6 months into this cigar life. It’s becoming clear that I am leaning towards “stronger” cigars. I really like to try as many brands as I can and I’ve checked a ton off my list. Always looking for recommendations from the folks here. Thanks in advance!

What cigars have you had that you consider strong? I think the NBK is a strong cigar in terms of Vitamin N. Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo also kicks my arse from time to time. As for a spicy cigar that burns through the nose I would say Olivia V or 601 Kryptonite. Full flavor bombs you could say everything Dunbarton (non-Connecticut) or My Father.

What say you?

I would agree that most LFD are both Strong and Spicy effers. I guess I never know which they are asking about tho.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Punisher

• hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@hoghunter said:

What cigars have you had that you consider strong? I think the NBK is a strong cigar in terms of Vitamin N. Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo also kicks my arse from time to time. As for a spicy cigar that burns through the nose I would say Olivia V or 601 Kryptonite. Full flavor bombs you could say everything Dunbarton (non-Connecticut) or My Father.

What say you?

I’d say so far the Knuckle Dragger, the one LFD I tried, and a few Padron maduros would qualify as strong to me thus far. Honestly, I focused mostly on Connecticut’s and natural sticks initially just to get into the cigar game as a total novice- but now it seems most of those just aren’t giving me the full flavor im seeking. I’ve enjoyed Taberbacle Havana Seed a lot. Sorry that’s not a lot to go on- but I’m definitely going to pick up some more LFD.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

LFD La Nox, Andalusian Bull's kick my @ss!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

LFD. Can’t go wrong. I’m digging Oscuro and San Andres.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want a perfect middle of the road tasty smoke then try a CroMagnon Aquitaine. IMO it's listed as full but is really a med-full. Has great tobacco in it and you may taste components of other blends (Joya De Nicaragua) and such. Also, don't confuse vitamin N with flavor, it's difficult to have a full flavored cigar and be smooth and enjoyable. Sometimes you want a nicotine kick, other times you want a full flavored smoke that isn't after dinner cigar. There is a difference.

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    If you want a perfect middle of the road tasty smoke then try a CroMagnon Aquitaine. IMO it's listed as full but is really a med-full. Has great tobacco in it and you may taste components of other blends (Joya De Nicaragua) and such. Also, don't confuse vitamin N with flavor, it's difficult to have a full flavored cigar and be smooth and enjoyable. Sometimes you want a nicotine kick, other times you want a full flavored smoke that isn't after dinner cigar. There is a difference.

Thanks- I’ve tried two CroMagnons Aquatine (Knuckle Dragger & EMH) and enjoyed both. Will definitely try a few more versions.

• Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man O War Side Projects Skull Crusher!

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love strong stuff.

@CAcigarguy007 is right, That punch diablo is one of the strongest out there.

Neanderthal has shïtloads of pepper and is pretty strong.

Murcielago is pretty strong.

CAO - is it the anaconda or Amazon basin? Also the flat head v660 is a powerhouse.

Perdomo 10th sun grown is unreasonably strong. Firecracker too

Padron 1926 anything is strong AF.

Yeah all,that LFD stuff, but the strongest of all is the oro that comes in the gold tubo.

Southern draw jacob's ladder

Hvc broadleaf and the black friday 2019

There are more, but those should turn you green for now. Enjoy!

Don't look ↑

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations!! Will be hitting up Corona Cigar in Orlando at some point this week to pick up a nice sampling.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man o' War Ouro Authentico. Short, inexpensive and pretty potent IMHO, but I'm relatively new to this as well. YMMV

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Strong, affordable, well built, and good on the palate, it's hard to beat CCOM's Signature Nicaragua. I'd probably buy more of those Signatures if there were a Lancero vitola.

Also, I'm not sure why, but the New World Cameroon, while being light and tasty on the palate has a tendency to kick my butt if I'm not careful with them.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Camacho Powrband and Diesel Wicked have a fair amount of ligero.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭

There's just strong and then there's flavor to go with it. The new Black Label Morphines are out.... you get the best of both worlds.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, do you want a strong Nic hit, strong, sharp flavors, etc.

LFD usually has a strong Nic hit but with smoother flavors than other cigars.

Black Works Trading Company and Black Works Studio can be a bit harsher, but still good This Killer Bee from BWS is good, but a bit harsh.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    Agreed, do you want a strong Nic hit, strong, sharp flavors, etc.

LFD usually has a strong Nic hit but with smoother flavors than other cigars.

Black Works Trading Company and Black Works Studio can be a bit harsher, but still good This Killer Bee from BWS is good, but a bit harsh.

I’m definitely looking for strong, sharp FLAVORS versus a huge Nic hit. I should have clarified that earlier. It’s the flavors that have been letting me down lately and I’m enjoying the stronger flavors now. Thanks!

Then Neanderthal it is

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    Then Neanderthal it is

That’s a CroMagnon, correct? I did pick up two LFD sampler packs to give me a taste of their offerings. Thanks again!

@hoghunter said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Then Neanderthal it is

That’s a CroMagnon, correct? I did pick up two LFD sampler packs to give me a taste of their offerings. Thanks again!

Awesome! I wouldn’t suck em down like they owe you 20 bucks. Could be strong....

@hoghunter said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Then Neanderthal it is

No. They're both romacraft but cromagnon has the black and white band, while Neanderthal has orange and white band.

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:

@hoghunter said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Then Neanderthal it is

No. They're both romacraft but cromagnon has the black and white band, while Neanderthal has orange and white band.

Got it- thanks again.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suddenly occurs to me, duh one of my favorites, have you tried San Cristobal? All the vitolas are good, but the Guajiro is pretty intense. My preference.

Also, Bellas Artes Maduro.

Let us know what you find.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Espinosa Warzone is pretty full strength, Cameroon wrapper.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want full bodied strong, LGC Series R Dark. Only cigar I could not finish

If you want Ligero strong, Tiger kitty sharp claws may have been the strongest I ever smoked

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:
    If you want Ligero strong, Tiger kitty sharp claws may have been the strongest I ever smoked

The connie for people who hate connies... Screw Cigar Fed...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...