Home Pipes
Options

Stronger flavor

logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

I just started smoking pipes and I have been smoking two cherry blends. They seem extremely mild and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for stronger styles of pipe tobacco or of any specific recommendations to try. There’s a local B&M that’s not to far off and I’m considering trying some of their house blends.

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Escudo or Stokkebye Luxury twist flake are good.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Bengal Slices comes to mind. Also, Capt. Earle's Ten Russians.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything with Latakia in it is likely to have a stronger flavor. Try some first, though. People tend to either really love it, or really hate it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plugs, twists, and crumble cakes will be stronger, but take more work to dry and prep so I'd hold off on those for now.

I have an old jar of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe that's full of flavor, you might want to try Peterson's Early Morning Pipe, same blend with a new brand name.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

Got some luxury twist and ten Russians on the way. Looking forward to sampling them.