Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

12 Bombs of Little Christmas

2»

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

Should I open it now or wait til next year?

The last of 2020 or the first for 2021??

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 36's worked! Great bombing run, David.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Postal code #36 is reserved for registered packages:
    Postal Mail Tracking Codes
    36 TRANSFER TO EMPLOYEE
    This event is specific to Registered Mail. Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CITY, STATE ZIPCODE on DATE at TIME. The item is currently in transit to the destination. OrYour item departed our USPS facility in CITY, STATE ZIPCODE on DATE at TIME. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@silvermouse said:
    Postal code #36 is reserved for registered packages:
    Postal Mail Tracking Codes
    36 TRANSFER TO EMPLOYEE
    This event is specific to Registered Mail. Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CITY, STATE ZIPCODE on DATE at TIME. The item is currently in transit to the destination. OrYour item departed our USPS facility in CITY, STATE ZIPCODE on DATE at TIME. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Was there a prior conversation about this that I missed? I just found a list online of postal codes. Interesting read. Take number 72 for example.
    No. 72 DELIVERY EXCEPTION ANIMAL INTERFERENCE
    The local delivery employee has indicated that because of interference by an animal at the delivery location, the employee could not attempt delivery of the item.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@Bob_Luken the “36” was placed on* the package to further test @VegasFrank theory that packages will arrive to their destination in a expedited manner. At this point it does seem to be legit and will be my delivery method moving forward. The little Mi Q packs a punch hope you enjoy.

Post edited by NorCalR1 on

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely understand and believe Edward's explanation. A postal worker that I know here in Vegas told me that the 36 is an indicator that puts packages at the front of the line because they "need to be delivered within 36 hours."

I completely believe the worker, too, and I account for the discrepancy in my firm belief that the organization has failed to officially explain the 36 to its employees. This results in postal workers erroneously putting boxes with 36s to the head of the line, like they do here locally.

Either way, it seems to work, so I'll continue to do it, since it's a no-cost workaround.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I completely understand and believe Edward's explanation. A postal worker that I know here in Vegas told me that the 36 is an indicator that puts packages at the front of the line because they "need to be delivered within 36 hours."

I completely believe the worker, too, and I account for the discrepancy in my firm belief that the organization has failed to officially explain the 36 to its employees. This results in postal workers erroneously putting boxes with 36s to the head of the line, like they do here locally.

Either way, it seems to work, so I'll continue to do it, since it's a no-cost workaround.

And if I were to put a 72 on a box (Animal Interference), that thing would never get delivered. Or any of the rest of their mail.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Now I'm curious, as to which postal worker puts the 36 on the box, and how it's determined which boxes get it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

That is the funniest meme I've seen in about 7 months....

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@peter4jc said:

@VegasFrank said:

Now I'm curious, as to which postal worker puts the 36 on the box, and how it's determined which boxes get it.

So I asked my friend who actually works a route. He's got no flippin idea. He just knows that anything with 36 has to be taking from the building and put into his truck and it has to go into a box that day.

I fully suspect that someone told one of these guys 2 years ago to put 36s on everything, and then it got passed down by word of mouth that the 36 had to go that day. And this is how it is. Nobody has any idea about what any organizational rule is. That's the hallmark of a dysfunctional institution like the post office. Still, we are getting packages delivered in 3 days with this code...

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's a great hit, especially the chocolates made with "real" almonds, lol. I wonder what fake almonds are like.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    that's a great hit, especially the chocolates made with "real" almonds, lol. I wonder what fake almonds are like.

Shockingly low carb too! He must have seen the tank tops on the vHerf!

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud enjoy the smokes brother! As for the 36 it seems to be working a package was delivered today to a botl in 3 days where it usually takes over a week to make it to him. so I will roll with it

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....