Home Cigar 101
Options

Case elegance, boveda problems.

TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 37 ✭✭

Hey all, so I recently seasoned a brand new case elegance glass top humi. Waited the two weeks and added 69 percent packs. Wouldn’t get above 60. Just replaced with 72 percent packs and same thing. Don’t know how to fix this and it is my first humidor so you can imagine how pissed I am that the cigars I bought are all dry. Any good information you guys can give would be of great help honestly. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start by putting the cigars in a ziplock with the Boveda until you get it right. What was the RH at when you started adding cigars at the end of the two week period?

• Options

@vision initially it was from what I can remember around 66.

• Options

Then it wasn’t ready. My wood humidors get up into the high 70s at times during seasoning. Then I would drop in a few 65RH Boveda and monitor until it hit 70. Once at 70 start adding 10-15 cigars. Monitor change and repeat.

• Options

Okay, so put all the cigars in a ziploc with one boveda pack? I have 69 and 72 packs only. Also I’m assuming I can just throw one of the 72s I just put in the humidor inside of the bag. Also will the boveda stay at 72 inside the bag? @vision

• Options

The 69 goes with the cigars the 72 in its own ziplock. How did you season it? Water bowl?

• Options

Okay so 72 pack with cigars in ziplock? And (2) 69s in humidor until it gets to correct humidity? And I seasoned with two boveda 84s @Vision

• Options

Sorry my man. 69s with cigars in a ziplock. 72 alone in a separate ziplock. I would put those 84s in that humidor with a bowl of water and let it sit another 7-10 days. Remember if your opening it to check it’s not seasoning. Be patient.

• Options

I appreciate you man lol. Just wanna make sure I get all this right so thanks for being patient. So I have about 14 cigars right now, should I only use one 69 in the ziploc? Also how long will the cigars last in the zip with boveda. And as far as the humidor goes, put two 84 bovedas in with a small bowl of distilled water? And what am I looking for in the humidor before adding more boveda packs and cigars @Vision

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Glass tops are bad about leaking around the glass. You may need to add a bead of food grade aquarium silicone. You can order it at Walmart or order it from Amazon

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a case elegance small 20 ct solid and it has given me nothing but problems. Got it for a gift, so I can't throw it out. Keep the infused ones in there. I'd say send it back and buy another brand if you can.

Also, Case Elegance weirdly days to not use Bovedas with their humidors, not sure what's up with that

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Case elegance humidor makes a fantastic lighter and cutter box

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Run with what @VegasFrank is saying. Put your accoutrements in the box & buy a cheap cooler for your sticks. 14 is gonna turn into 140 right quick and coolers are way less expensive to buy ( and way less of a headache) than fancy humi's.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

I appreciate all the advice guys, what are y’all smoking on?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TexasToast said:
    I appreciate all the advice guys, what are y’all smoking on?

Welcome to the forum @TexasToast
    Check out these threads to find out what we're smokin' on,.....
    (Click on these links to check out these threads)
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/320789/whatcha-smokin-this-afternoon/p582
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/252118/whatcha-smokin-this-morning/p589
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/126/whatcha-smokin-tonight/p1835