Home General Discussion
Options

Direct Contact w/ On line Retailer Issues

Generally this hasn't been an issue for me, up until about 14-15 months ago. Now, there seems to be a reluctance, maybe even an outright refusal in some cases, to respond to emails about issues.

I might be alone here but, when trying to resolve issues, particularly related to anything monetary &/or deliverables, I prefer an email or, at least a fax; I know E-contact is the new reality but, when dealing with money, I really prefer to communicate with a specific person, not a general inbox....old school I know but, follow the money/paper trail is a valid tool in many applications.

Is there any way to get/share real email addresses for any of our on-line retailers?

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still use my phone to make calls to communicate with real people in real time, and here you thought you were “old school”.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm new school. I use my fax machine to make my phone calls.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ask the operator to connect you. Maybe you can get a party line.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pennsylvania 6-5000 is a good number to start with.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

She don't need no hotel, man!

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Plus, this is only been an issue for 14 or 15 months. I think the minimum amount of time that this needs to be a problem is 16 months. She still has a month to go. Back of the line, @MrsGriz!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when we used to have to actually go to our friends house and knock on the door to see if they were home. Today, that's essentially an invasion of someone's space and will be considered rude/annoying. Times change lol. Adapt or be frustrated.

That said, many places have cut down on customer service. Queries are queued up via email and messages in order to make things orderly and sequential. It's just the way it is now. Drop the email and be patient. A lot of the cigar houses are smaller outfits to keep overhead costs lower (thus lower cigar prices). There may only be a handful of folks there.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know what’s going on here.

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@MrsGriz - Are you having an issue with an order you’ve placed with CIGAR.com, or just generally espousing an opinion? If you have a problem with an order, I can facilitate contact between you and our Customer Service Team.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheCigarChick said:
    @MrsGriz - Are you having an issue with an order you’ve placed with CIGAR.com, or just generally espousing an opinion? If you have a problem with an order, I can facilitate contact between you and our Customer Service Team.

I bet she’s talking about Petco 🤣

• Options

@deadman said:

@TheCigarChick said:

Petco is so disappointing! lol

• Options

@peter4jc said:

@deadman said:

@TheCigarChick said:

I bet she is trying to contact you regarding your car's warranty; it's about to expire you know.

But if she can get me a deal on a new car, I'm all ears. I know it's pretty girly of me, but I don't like the colour of my car, so I'd rather just ditch this one and get a new one, but without a raise in monthly payment. :D