Home Cigar 101
Options

Cedar trays in Coolidor?

TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 37 ✭✭

I’ll make this quick, if I’m adding Spanish cedar trays to my Coolidor does something need to be done to the trays before putting them in? And if I’m adding cedar trays am I going to have the same issues I would with a wooded humi

Comments

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, you adding Quick my ****. But I dig yo Cooking

• Options

Ni-GG-A

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Season that mother fvcker and you good hogdog @TexasToast

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

TeX getting BuZZy, tiLt tad Hat

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clean cooler add trays and through in cigars with bovedas. Done.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's only a couple of small shelves, It's the same thing as adding a few boxes...Just put them in there.
    Now if you are talking a lot of shelves....Put them in something sealed with some distilled water till you get the % right, them put them in.

"And if I’m adding cedar trays am I going to have the same issues I would with a wooded humi"
    No, cause your wooden humidor was most likely leaking around the seal....The shelves will be the same as everything else in there. (As long as everything is sealed)
    I have some 1" x 4" x 6" Spanish cedar planks in mine to help keep things stable. I see on CP where you can buy deadmen blocks (Small cigar shaped sc blocks that come in boxes) if you want to add them

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

If you're just considering whether you should add cedar shelves, (Spanish Cedar) AKA sc ,........ It's not a necessity. I don't intentionally add spanish cedar for any purpose. I did when I first started, I was convinced by all the how to videos that it was better to have as much as possible. Over time I cared less about it. Extra cedar does smell extra nice but, I keep mixed singles mostly inside cigar boxes stacked on top of more cigar boxes, and they are all spanish cedar, so I don't feel I have to add more cedar. Plastic bins, or trays that stack work great inside coolers too.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TexasToast How many cedar shelves are you adding? You tell me what you have in mind, and I'll tell you what I would do to season them. It will be easy either way. You've already made the best storage decision you could make. It's all easy from here on out.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

TD's tore back!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cedar will more than likely be dry. It could drop the RH for a couple days but it is nothing like setting up a wood humidor. I have some cedar pieces in mine but mostly it’s just boxes.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap you're almost empty!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Holy crap you're almost empty!

That’s just the shadows playing tricks on your eyes

• Options

I need dem...

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Appreciate all the help guys, I’m assuming coolers usually keep a good temp and don’t need anything in them to keep cigars cool

• Options

As long as you keep them inside your house, you're fine. Don't put them in a hot garage!

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank sweet thanks, pretty pumped for this Coolidor set up honestly, I’m going to keep air pillows in the empty spaces and in the mean time grow my collection. Pretty pissed about the humidor not keeping Rh. So much so that I really don’t want to spend a single penny on another wooden humidor

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once you find the bidding sites, you're collection will grow in no time. Trust me

• Options

@TheKraken any sites you recommend?

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent