Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Favorite Radio Station

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Non Cigar Related

So, I mostly listen to my music library commercial free but other than that I like my local non-commercial (but not Public) radio station, KKUP, the Cupertino Radio Club 91.5 FM here in San Jose. They play all kinds of music, all commercial free. Today I saw a link for an website that lets you use a globe of the earth to pick a radio station to listen to, I thought it would be fun to try out different stations around the world and find out what stations you like. here's mine.

http://radio.garden/visit/cupertino-ca/t83RA6ET

(maybe I should post this in the Flat Eath thread)

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gave it a try. It gave me 3 stations in the Fairbanks area, all the same one, NPR, just with different repeaters used for blasting the word to the heathen villagers. Needless to say it is not my favorite.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pandora for me. My tastes are all over the place for radio.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I like Mountainchill.com in Telluride. Going to be enjoyable to explore.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Poker_Slob said:
    I listen to 92.3 the fan on the radio.com app. It's Cleveland sports talk. I've lived in Colorado for 36 years...I still follow my home teams religiously. I think I may be mentally ill.

Me too!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Poker_Slob said:
    I listen to 92.3 the fan on the radio.com app. It's Cleveland sports talk. I've lived in Colorado for 36 years...I still follow my home teams religiously. I think I may be mentally ill.

Me too!

.....damn Clowns Fans....wiNk.

• Options

Go bangles!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Go bangles!

That's Bungles....Thank You.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TruDog said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Go bangles!

That's Bungles....Thank You.

That's what Frank meant... he bungled it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t stand the radio, way to much Total Harmonic Distortion, Satellite Sirus XM is better but still the THD is audible.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I listen to mp3s off of a USB thumb drive in the car and Pandora at home.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

My car radio is set to the Pandora Bonobo channel.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sirius Classic Vinyl.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    Sirius Classic Vinyl.

^^That's where mine spends the most time while driving. However, I'm all over the place. Bluesville, Greatful Dead, Symphony Hall, NPR, Outlaw Country, Latin Combo, Phish, Dave Matthews, Beatles, Garth Brooks, Salsa, Tom Petty, then there's Pandora, that list gets even more diverse.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ozzy's Boneyard

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss my satellite radio. Found a local station that plays everything from the 50s to early 2000s that’s ok

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

My station started an interview program so I started looking for another station and found Hudson Valley Time Machine, music from the 50s and 60s here: http://radio.garden/visit/monroe-ny/usTlm6zG

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very, very cool!

http://radio.garden/visit/sligo/A6jZt6r3

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s pretty cool, Peter @peter4jc Sure beats re-sorting my paper clips..... 😜😜

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

98 rock out of Baltimore on the ride in the morning ( Been listening for 20+ years ) Local news channel on the way home and while driving during the the for the traffic reports

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

YouTube Premium ...

I subscribe to Sicca's Guitars
    My budgie Robin subscribes to Alan AxP

The One Who Must Be Obeyed is addicted to the Chastwins

Radio? I vaguely remember that irritating stream of commercials.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

I listen to reruns of digital herf. Lots of awkward quiet time so I can meditate.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://radio.garden/visit/argir/5rTrBci8

This morning it was Swedish Country music, which is bizarre and fun.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Ads in Scottish or Irish are actually fun to listen to.
    And Japan is crazy into 90's Jazz...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

African stations have been interesting, lot of good music that never makes it across to us except for NPR's "Afro Pop" show (which airs late at night). News coverage of what is going on in various countries has been interesting too, with the usual bias caveats.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mostly listen to Sirius radio. And mostly listen to Radio Margaritaville which I believe you can also get from the Margaritaville web site.

While they obviously play a good amount of Jimmy Buffett, they also play a wide variety of other music that I enjoy from classic rock to folk to country, jazz and reggae as well as a few other genres every once in awhile.

I also listen to the Sirius bluegrass station a good amount. We used to attend lots of bluegrass shows and festivals...

• Options

Chris, you might enjoy https://www.music-map.com/ . You type in an artist and it helps you find similar.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc
    Seems they have an app for that.
    That is pretty cool.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    Sirius Classic Vinyl.

That’s my 5th preset. Chill is my 1