Home General Discussion

Cuban Cigars

Jrfoxx2Jrfoxx2 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

I can't find any forum rules, and although I joined years ago, haven't been here enough to figure out the rules.

Is discussion of Cuban Cigars permitted anywhere on the forums?

Thanks,
Sean

Best Answers

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

    I've seen several Cubans posted in the what you smoking posts.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • Jrfoxx2Jrfoxx2 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Thanks

Answers

  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 5,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

    Cuban cigars? Cuba makes cigars? When did this happen?

  • hoghunterhoghunter Winston-Salem, NCPosts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I lost all my Cuban cigars, firearms, and ammunition in a boating accident. Damn shame...

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @hoghunter said:
    I lost all my Cuban cigars, firearms, and ammunition in a boating accident. Damn shame...

    I watch that channel :)

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • MickeyD_1MickeyD_1 NE IdahoPosts: 33 ✭✭✭

    Kramer sent us.

  • Jrfoxx2Jrfoxx2 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

    @CAcigarguy007 said:
    Don't see why not. There were/are plenty of ways to get legal Cuban cigars in the USA. It's not like it was long ago. The embargo is a joke. Hell, we do business with dictators, commies, despots, and even terrorists these days. The embargo simply makes the US look petty and like huge hypocrites. It's nothing more than an embarrassment at this point.

    I wholeheartedly agree about a 60 year old embargo that never had any effect is just stupid.
    It really needs to be ended.

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Somebody call Joe, he's opened the border for everything else.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CAcigarguy007 said:
    Don't see why not. There were/are plenty of ways to get legal Cuban cigars in the USA. It's not like it was long ago. The embargo is a joke. Hell, we do business with dictators, commies, despots, and even terrorists these days. The embargo simply makes the US look petty and like huge hypocrites. It's nothing more than an embarrassment at this point.

    Yeah but those countries make important shït like cell phones, video games, and drugstore toys.

    Don't look ↑
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @VegasFrank said:

    @CAcigarguy007 said:
    Don't see why not. There were/are plenty of ways to get legal Cuban cigars in the USA. It's not like it was long ago. The embargo is a joke. Hell, we do business with dictators, commies, despots, and even terrorists these days. The embargo simply makes the US look petty and like huge hypocrites. It's nothing more than an embarrassment at this point.

    Yeah but those countries make important shït like cell phones, video games, and drugstore toys.

    And meth, don’t forget about the meth for Seattle

  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

    OP - CCs aren’t generally talked about here. The host for this site doesn’t sell them. It’s just not a big deal to have them.

  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

    @VegasFrank said:

    @CAcigarguy007 said:
    Don't see why not. There were/are plenty of ways to get legal Cuban cigars in the USA. It's not like it was long ago. The embargo is a joke. Hell, we do business with dictators, commies, despots, and even terrorists these days. The embargo simply makes the US look petty and like huge hypocrites. It's nothing more than an embarrassment at this point.

    Yeah but those countries make important shït like cell phones, video games, and drugstore toys.

    North Korea don't make shyt and the last administration was writing him love letters while tightening restrictions in Cuba. Made about as much sense as surrendering to the taliban or attacking Iraq when we know good and goddang well that the Saudis financed Sept 11th and the majority of the perps were Saudi.

    We sell plenty of military hardware to countries that essentially hate us but like our money. You can kidnap and chop folks up, repress women's rights and beat them and treat them like chattel and it's all good.

    We say nothing about India and their caste system but poke our nose into Hong Kong. China has enslavement and re-education camps. Both also have huge problems with pollution and child labor problems.

    Duturdtay murders his own citizens for drugs, while being a total junkie who is hooked on opiates himself, jails journalists etc.

    Putin murders in broad daylight, even has the nads to do it in other countries, right in everyone's face. Has basically installed himself as the permanent president by murdering/jailing anyone who opposes him. While also robbing country blind while citizens suffer.

    Africa is the final frontier, the new wild west of riches. The atrocious there are too numerous to even begin to encapsulate.

    It just goes on and on. Yet, we still do business and trade with all these countries and their leaders, plus a host of other bad actors. Many are even members of a variety of international decision makers, having a seat at the table so to speak.

    I guess you're right though, if Cuba had oil or large manufacturing resources to exploit, or even a nuclear weapon stockpile to earn some respect (lil kim style), the embargo would have been over decades ago. I'd just like to see some consistency. Cuba isn't even a blip on the map of threats to the United States. The embargo simply makes no sense.

  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

    ^^yep, business as usual^^

    I read Mark Twains autobiography a couple years ago, lot's of his personal opinions on world affairs and our policies responding to them. 100 years later, same ol' same ol'

    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "There is nothing so in need of reforming as another person's bad habits."   Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Packed up the bags and moved to TenneseePosts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well crap, someone had to.

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I seem to remember restrictions letting up then the episode at our Embassy happened

    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 San Jose CaPosts: 4,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Diver43 said:
    I seem to remember restrictions letting up then the episode at our Embassy happened

    Yes there was a window where it was allowed.

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Diver43 said:
    I seem to remember restrictions letting up then the episode at our Embassy happened

    It's widely suspected that Russia was behind that. Same thing also happened at the consulate in Guangzhou. When does the Chinese embargo start?

    Plus they sat on the covid China variant and covered it up for months, two months we know for sure, three suspected, and caused a global pandemic. Currency manipulation is a well known fact. Illigal South China sea land reclamation etc etc etc. Yet, planes still land, goods still flow, and sovereignty and autonomy are allowed to flourish.

    I guess it's just easier to pick on the little guy who hurts your feelings than the big guy who bloodies your nose.

  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

    pecking order

    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "There is nothing so in need of reforming as another person's bad habits."   Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Suspected, OK
    They execute hundreds of cyber attacks against American banking, business, and even more so our Military.

    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Diver43 said:
    Suspected, OK
    They execute hundreds of cyber attacks against American banking, business, and even more so our Military.

    I agree, Russia is a huge problem.

  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Cuban Cigars are OK, some are Great.
    Cuban Government is not out friend.

    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

    @NorCalR1 said:

    @Diver43 said:
    I seem to remember restrictions letting up then the episode at our Embassy happened

    Yes there was a window where it was allowed.

    That window lasted up till someone needed the Cuban votes out of Miami.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sign In or Register to comment.