Home Cigar 101
Options

best cigars for weddings

devins58devins58 Posts: 1

hi guys my best friend is getting married and I know very little about cigars. I've smoked a lot of them but I don't know what the best one would be for a wedding. I will be paying for all of the cigars and I'm preferring cheaper ones because I currently am in college and don't have a whole lot saved up. I'm hoping the price to be around 10 to 15 dollars per cigar. any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can easily keep it around $4 to $8 per stick. After the photo I took the Davidoff and Padron boxes off the table, and handed those out to the cigar smokers. The non-smokers grabbed a cigar, lit it, took a few puffs, got a picture taken, and then laid the cigar down. I picked up and threw away eight to ten sticks that had less than a half inch smoked. YMMV....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ashton white label it palatable enough for newbies and non-smokers and not too expensive.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I agree with the advice given, you’re going to see a lot of wasted cigars so I’d keep the price low and maybe get a box of better sticks for the regular cigar smokers or wedding party.

This advice doesn’t apply to @Rhamlin, though, we’re expecting the goods, Ricky.

Ricky isn't taking everyone to the Fuente Lounge, so you can pick your own out?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a boy!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Macanudo is the name most non-cigar-smokers will recognize as "a good cigar". Stay away from the " inspirado" line, as some of those approach being what we here would consider to be strong enough to be "real" cigars. If you happen to have any real cigar smokers in your group you might pick up a couple 5 packs of Padron 3000's, which will keep them satisfied without breaking the budget.

As noted above, expect that most people will abandon their cigars with less than half an inch gone.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree ^. Go with macanudo or baccarat. Your cigar smoking buddies will probably bring some cigars for the other cigar smoking buddies. All the other jokers will much more enjoy a macanudo or sweet-tipped baccarat than anything else. To me, it doesn't show that you're cheap or don't know what you're doing. It actually shows that you do know what you're doing. Shop around and get a good price for them. You can probably get them for three or four bucks a stick.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

And Ricky @Rhamlin better be rolling in with some family reserve and some davidoff and some opus because HE knows better.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@devins58 said:
    I will be paying for all of the cigars and I'm preferring cheaper ones because I currently am in college and don't have a whole lot saved up. I'm hoping the price to be around 10 to 15 dollars per cigar. any suggestions?

If you use online sources to buy cigars, you wouldn't have any problem providing a descent selection for 7, 8, 9 bucks a stick if you buy boxes or bundles. If you want help with specific advice on exactly where to buy and what you should buy,.... answer these two questions,... maybe you'll get some additional suggestions. How many cigars you think you'll need? And how much money total do you want to spend?

• Options

Another decent option is the la galera connecticut. Ornate band and a glad braided foot band. Retail seven bucks a stick and VERY GOOD.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

My nephew is getting married soon, Davidoff 3x3 is what I've been thinking. Non smokers will think they are more high dollar. I'll take some other cigars for any regular cigar smokers.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

The 3x3 has no band, for the record. You won't be getting a davidoff band if it's important to you....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@Yakster said:
    I agree with the advice given, you’re going to see a lot of wasted cigars so I’d keep the price low and maybe get a box of better sticks for the regular cigar smokers or wedding party.

This advice doesn’t apply to @Rhamlin, though, we’re expecting the goods, Ricky.

Ricky isn't taking everyone to the Fuente Lounge, so you can pick your own out?

I’ll have to put some thought into this one.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ No you don't. I'll be packing my own buddy, I got you!

To answer the op question, go cheaper than you are planning. Having been to many weddings, handing out many cigars, most if not everyone will smoke very little before they are pulled away or get board with it. Some good suggestions have been made.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.