Home Cigar 101

Boutique recommendations

TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 32 ✭✭

Been really liking the my father stuff as of late (le bijiou, Antilles, aroma de Cuba mi amor, mf Connecticut). I’ve liked these more than others recently but want to try some good “boutique” brands that produce a lot of good flavor. Any suggestions will help also buying the Coleman xtreme for my cigars has been a god send lol

Comments

  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo IowaPosts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Search cigar of the year on the forum here we all put together a ranking

  • VisionVision Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TexasToast said:
    Been really liking the my father stuff as of late (le bijiou, Antilles, aroma de Cuba mi amor, mf Connecticut). I’ve liked these more than others recently but want to try some good “boutique” brands that produce a lot of good flavor. Any suggestions will help also buying the Coleman xtreme for my cigars has been a god send lol

    Black Label Trading Co.
    Black Works Studio
    Tatuaje
    Viaje
    HVC
    601 La Bomba
    Curivari
    Crowned Heads
    Illusione
    Anything Steve Saka
    LFD

  • TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 32 ✭✭

    @Vision Been hearing about that morphine quite a bit. Any suggestions for other cigars by black label? Same with crowned head and far as Steve saka goes I’ve been itching to get my hands on one of his blends. Been hearing a lot about room 101 as well

  • Cam_91Cam_91 San Jose / #AnyoneButMePosts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I loved Last Rites and the box pressed NBK, really enjoyed those

  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 7,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TexasToast said:
    @Vision Been hearing about that morphine quite a bit. Any suggestions for other cigars by black label? Same with crowned head and far as Steve saka goes I’ve been itching to get my hands on one of his blends. Been hearing a lot about room 101 as well

    Anything -
    Deliverance
    Bishops blend
    Boondocks saint
    Killer bee
    NBK

  • VisionVision Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @deadman said:

    @TexasToast said:
    @Vision Been hearing about that morphine quite a bit. Any suggestions for other cigars by black label? Same with crowned head and far as Steve saka goes I’ve been itching to get my hands on one of his blends. Been hearing a lot about room 101 as well

    Anything -
    Deliverance
    Bishops blend
    Boondocks saint
    Killer bee
    NBK

    I agree

  • WylaffWylaff < < < HipsterPosts: 5,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I still enjoy the Ezra Zion stuff, but they’re overpriced and overly gimmicky. I stopped buying them when they stopped the blessed leaf stuff, but every time I get one they have been tasty.

    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 6,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11

    I would add San Cristobal to what's already been said. Also, took me awhile to realize that Steve Saka translates to Dunbarton etc. on the list of brands here at CCOM.

    Oh, and if you're wondering why they'd name a cigar Morphine, try one and hold on to your wallet.

    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "There is nothing so in need of reforming as another person's bad habits."   Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Tabernacle is a good one that hasn't already been mentioned

  • YaksterYakster herf wardenPosts: 17,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 San Jose CaPosts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Wylaff said:
    I still enjoy the Ezra Zion stuff, but they’re overpriced and overly gimmicky. I stopped buying them when they stopped the blessed leaf stuff, but every time I get one they have been tasty.

    Their core lines are great sticks as well and never talked about.

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CharlieHeis said:
    The Tabernacle is a good one that hasn't already been mentioned

    Along with the rest of the Foundation line...

    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Aging at the factoryPosts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The NBK is probably my favorite black label stick, but more than half of the ones I've ever smoked have tunnelled on me so I'm done with them.

    A lot of people seem to be mad at Ezra Zion for their emails more than for their cigars. The emails suck, the cigars are awesome! That is the true boutique type stuff right there. Small runs, lots of variations, etc.

    Dude also just look And the what are you smoking this morning this afternoon and tonight threads. That's where we share all the stuff that we're smoking.

    I'm childish
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 San Jose CaPosts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Stalk @Usaf06 and see what he’s smoking. Be like Nick...

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ezra Zion used to come “ready” to smoke. Now you have to sit on them for 6 months. **** them and their pump and dump, we found more stock antics. This is only and simply my opinion. Also they shipped cigars once with glitter on the packaging. What cigar smoker wants glitter on their ****!

    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 San Jose CaPosts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ^^^ that guy likes glitter

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • VisionVision Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Patrickbrick said:
    What cigar smoker wants glitter on their ****!

    Depends on how well your night went at the club......

  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Did I mention Victor Sinclair? Oh wait...

Sign In or Register to comment.