Home Cigar 101
Options

Infusing cigars

ReeseTX12ReeseTX12 Posts: 10

Hello friends, been a long time since getting on here. I wanted to know how y’all infuse your cigars. I looked it up and so I got a air tight jar put some coffee beans in it with a Boveda package and put a cigar in it.
Is this the right way at all?

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, buy infused cigars. You can't do it as well as drew estate can, so don't try.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us just buy good/great cigars and then smoke said cigars the way they were meant to be smoked.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ReeseTX12 said:
    Hello friends, been a long time since getting on here. I wanted to know how y’all infuse your cigars. I looked it up and so I got a air tight jar put some coffee beans in it with a Boveda package and put a cigar in it.
    Is this the right way at all?

Hello @ReeseTX12. Welcome back. Brace yourself for a little blowback. Most of the guys here do not smoke infused cigars and think it's a bad idea to begin with. But as far as your plan goes, I would say have fun and see what happens.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pull the Boveda.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put some JR Alternative dog rockets in a mason jar with some whiskey barrel chunks and they were just dog rockets with some whiskey vapor added. Didn't help, so I used them to chew on when I was working inside at home and eventually gave the rest away.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ReeseTX12ReeseTX12 Posts: 10

Well damn, thought it might be worth a try.. what are some good brands of infused cigars?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Dude, buy infused cigars. You can't do it as well as drew estate can, so don't try.

Since you're trying coffee,...
    Drew Estate Java Cigars. https://www.cigar.com/shop/?q=Drew+Estate+Java+Cigars

• Options

Diesel Whiskey Row
    CAO Moontrance
    Gran Marnier
    Camacho American Barrel Aged

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

@ReeseTX12 said:
    Well damn, thought it might be worth a try.. what are some good brands of infused cigars?

Don't feel bad, many of us have tried it, without success in general. Your brain tells you things like "Rum-soaked cigars...", and you think "Where'd I hear that before?", so you want to give it a try. The thing is, to do it properly you have to begin the infusion process long before the leaf is ever rolled into a cigar.

Look to the brands mentioned above if you're into that kind of smoke. The Java and Java Mint are OK, for what they are. If you're more into incense-like aroma, Acid Red, or Liquid, or Kuba-Kuba may be good to you. Kopi Luwak was an enjoyable coffee infused cigar, to me. Some things are just best left to the professionals.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

🥓 makes everything better.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Kopi Luwak was an enjoyable coffee infused cigar, to me.

I heard those taste like s***?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Kopi Luwak was an enjoyable coffee infused cigar, to me.

I heard those taste like s***?

The one I had was OK, for an infused cigar. Sort of sweet coffee. I don't drink sweetened coffee, though, so it was a one-time thing.

I don't know how they feed the tobacco leaves to the big cats, or whose job it is to collect the rag-tag output, but they did a great job of clean up. Do you suppose it may be that's what the Charmin Bears do when they're not softing their behinds in commercials?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a small humidor that is for infused cigars, mostly coffee. From time to time, I enjoy one with my morning coffee out on the deck.

Don't forget, I'm the guy who likes Victor Sinclares. ;-)

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told some of the infused PDRs are good but have no experience.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.