Home General Discussion

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://img.mshanken.com/d/cao/bolt/devastation3.jpg

Let’s get the story straight.... it was a faulty electrical socket. I once saw Fuente do this. It’s now called the Angel’s Share.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crop was for 2025/2026 production

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate that. Too bad. It's been a couple years since I've smoked any AB's. After falling in love with the Oliva 2nds, I tried the AB 2nds. Not as consistent. Some were very good, many fell apart and should probably have been named "compost" instead of "Segundo".

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Crop was for 2025/2026 production

But you know this article will cause many to go out and buy some AB. They’ll be making a post on here in a few months wanting to know how much they’re worth.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure the insurance money will be put to good use...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

These barns are rarely, if ever, insured.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@peter4jc said:
    These barns are rarely, if ever, insured.

I would say a business man like Rubin would have.

I thought the article said that the barns could not be insured. But, I'm not going to check again.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the barns are old dried wood, with dry leaves hung in them, and fires are intentionally started to cure the leaves. Insurance is either unavailable or prohibitively expensive. Barn fires are just something tobacco farmers see as a part of doing business.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@Amos_Umwhat @peter4jc
    You guys are correct. Not insured. Funny how they almost lead with that in the article. Makes for great conspiracy theories tho.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Headlines are just to grab your attention, wouldn't have the same impact if it just said Alec Bradley curing barn burns

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the firefighters stood down wind?

@YankeeMan said:
    I wonder if the firefighters stood down wind?

That was the Sinoloa cartel barn fire.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the police department, when we burned confiscated marijuana plants, I used to stand down wind. It didn't work.