Home General Discussion

Lost & Found Cigars

NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in General Discussion


I’ve been thinking about this for a while each time I see a post or advertisement for a new re-release from Lost & Found cigars. If these were originally warehouse finds of long forgotten blends. How are they re-releasing them... Don’t get me wrong a bunch of their older or original “finds” are fantastic and I still have several bundles myself. But at this point it just seems like shenanigans and marketing...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Comments

  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

    a limited supply keeps the price up

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That also seems steep.

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yeah I wonder if these guys are just buying clothes out, and then unbanding them and then rebranding them. I can tell you that the lost and founds that I have smoked before have been really good. Super stroke, one night stand are the two that I've had most recently and they're both really good smokes and worth the money.

    Don't look ↑
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It could be a way to sell their blends or seconds without having to have the added cost of packaging. I agree with @VegasFrank the blends I’ve smoked are great and some of my favorites. Just curious how they keep “finding” them 😂

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @VegasFrank said:
    Yeah I wonder if these guys are just buying clothes out, and then unbanding them and then rebranding them. I can tell you that the lost and founds that I have smoked before have been really good. Super stroke, one night stand are the two that I've had most recently and they're both really good smokes and worth the money.

    I got 3 one night stands and 3 pepper cream soda. Have you had the pepper soda?

  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This isn't a secret. They're buying old stock and rebranding.

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @VegasFrank said:
    Yeah I wonder if these guys are just buying clothes out, and then unbanding them and then rebranding them. I can tell you that the lost and founds that I have smoked before have been really good. Super stroke, one night stand are the two that I've had most recently and they're both really good smokes and worth the money.

    The sampler goes for about $35 shipped from Batch. The Paradise Found I picked up from Bid for $45 & $50 shipped. Chance was $68 from Auctioneer. $25 for the Super Stroke from the Daily deal was a perfect price for a fiver. Those I personally think are great prices for what they are but for $10 a smoke I personally think you can do much better.

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Time to start a 5K post pass, @Vision

    Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

    😲

  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have no strong opinion on the cigars themselves as I haven't smoked many, but for the two that disagreed with me, it wasn't a secret three years ago. https://kohnhed.com/2015/04/26/lost-found-swollen-****-cigar-review/

  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CharlieHeis said:
    This isn't a secret. They're buying old stock and rebranding.

    That’s my point if it was old stock how can they reintroduce the blend? Case in point Swedish Delight. It was “found” 3-4 years ago and reintroduced this year. Found again... 🤔

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

    From Kohnhed

    “Of course, many of them just turned out to be old Camacho cigars. I can’t speak for the Racks on Racks. Other than to say the PR says that the Racks on Racks is a cigar made in 2011 and released last month in May.”

    “ Everything is cloaked in secrecy. Uber boutique collection. What does that mean? They find a stack of cigars long forgotten and that have never seen the light of day and call them boutique? Could it be that the cigars were seconds? Or deemed not good enough to sell under the manufacturer’s name? Maybe waiting to be sold under a different name in bundles that cost $30?”

    SUMMATION:
    What a joke. But you have to hand it to the folks at Lost & Found. They provide a disclaimer for you right on their web site. They tell you upfront that these are throwaways. Cigars no one wanted. So they bought them and charged an arm and a leg because we are stupid and will buy anything with a pretty package.

    At this price point, I am amazed, and disgusted, that they wouldn’t spend a couple pennies for a cigar band to make the cigar look a little more legit. Now that’s cheapness at its highest echelon!

    “It’s not bad enough that they are milking every nickel out of the cigars to line their pockets but they won’t spend the dough on a cigar band or even a nice little box. I bought 10 Curivari Buenaventuras a few weeks ago. $4.00 a stick and in a nice box and each cigar had a cigar band. I guess the Curivari folks don’t have the same GREED gene that Bellatto, Caldwell, and Sears have. Plus the Buenaventura is an exceptional blend.
    It bums me out.”

    This guy truly is biased. It’s tough enough to trust most reviewers but when the piss poor attitude shines through before you even get to the evaluation you have to wonder how much of his negativity effected the total score or experience. A bright spot of that some of the profit goes to charity...

  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @NorCalR1 said:

    @CharlieHeis said:
    This isn't a secret. They're buying old stock and rebranding.

    That’s my point if it was old stock how can they reintroduce the blend? Case in point Swedish Delight. It was “found” 3-4 years ago and reintroduced this year. Found again... 🤔

    Ah, I see what you are saying now. Probably able to buy the same cigars again. They bought the four year old Camachos and passed on the one year old sticks. Now the one year old sticks are aged even longer so they buy them?

  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Vision said: bums me out.”

    This guy truly is biased. It’s tough enough to trust most reviewers but when the piss poor attitude shines through before you even get to the evaluation you have to wonder how much of his negativity effected the total score or experience. A bright spot of that some of the profit goes to charity...

    Very biased review and I'm not sure that's a guy I would pay any attention to regardless, but due to the nature of what these are, I don't think there were many favorable reviews from that time. I found that one on reddit and the moderator that posted it said there was a lot of negativity surrounding the releases.

  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I gave up trying to collect L&F, just to many releases. Cherry Pepper Cream Soda being one of my favorite releases.

    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CharlieHeis said:

    @Vision said: bums me out.”

    This guy truly is biased. It’s tough enough to trust most reviewers but when the piss poor attitude shines through before you even get to the evaluation you have to wonder how much of his negativity effected the total score or experience. A bright spot of that some of the profit goes to charity...

    Very biased review and I'm not sure that's a guy I would pay any attention to regardless, but due to the nature of what these are, I don't think there were many favorable reviews from that time. I found that one on reddit and the moderator that posted it said there was a lot of negativity surrounding the releases.

    And I guess that’s why I’m cool with $4-$5 on some of these. Seconds..... probably not. Imagine if that ever got out to the public..... selling seconds for $10. Over runs and unpaid balances maybe. Leftover 94 rated cigars.... nope. If they were seconds I think they would have shipped those out to make space years ago and I don’t think any company is holding on to bundle cigars at all never mind 8 years.... why not just bundle them up and sell them as what they were intended. Maybe a blend that didn’t meet the buyers wants/desires is my guess. Too mellow, spicy, etc....

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Or maybe a brand and trademark that someone bought for future use but didnt want the cigars...

    Don't look ↑
Sign In or Register to comment.