Home General Discussion
Options

Cheap cigar recommendations

So I mainly buy what I enjoy and that tends to be sticks over the 10 dollar mark. However I’m in the market for some killer cigars for not a lot of money. So far the only one that I have that fits that bill is the flor de las Antilles (still amazed at the flavor and quality for the price). But I seem to be stuck here and need some suggestions, so far what’s caught my eye has been the drew estate factory smokes and the Juarez. Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Juarez is good. Check out the daily deal to start. E.P. Carrillo on there today at $5.50 a stick out the door. @VegasFrank is on the 601 Challenge so see what he thinks of those as ask of those should/could be had for $4 or less. There are auction sites out there that carry BWS and BLTC for about $6-$7 shipped. Ave Maria is always in the cheap on Cigarbid which you should check out as they are a sister site to CCOM.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the terms like inexpensive or mid-range. Being called a cheap ****, hurts.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TexasToast , have you tried Chillin' Moose? Also, buying Seconds? I mean, what you're asking is kind of The Holy Grail, "killer cigars for not a lot of money...", that's a tall order, and we're all searching for it.

Two problems,
    one: your taste vs. anyone else's,
    two: the cigars change.

The first 2 years of Gran Habano's Vintage were awesome. I remember telling my wife that I'd had $10 - $15 cigars that weren't any better. Then, 3rd year, we were all discussing the "flavor of hay" and "barnyard flavors". I went from buying a bundle a month to I haven't bought any for years.

Another example is on today's Daily Deal. Padilla '68. 7 or 8 years ago I'd have bought a double order. Now, haven't had a Padilla for several years. They changed, and so did I.

Good luck with the hunt.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 bucks a stick on sale

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

How cheap are you looking to go?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another question for you, have you tried the CCOM Signature blends? I'd suggest a sampler. I found the maduro and the nicaragua to be to my liking. Decent cigar for a reasonable price, by todays standards.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Many also like the Cameroon too.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank The Helpful, as he'd be known, had he been born in the middle ages, living up to his sig line.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you like the core Avo lines (XO, classic, heritage) then like Frank said the Cameroon label house blend from CCOM. Only $50 for a box.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oliva V melanio can be found for $6 a stick. New World Cameroon are under $4. Also Illusione rothchildes, I think are around $5. Those are regulars for me.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Plenty of great “value” sticks ( I don’t like the term cheap) to be had on Cigarbid like others have mentioned. A quick glance this morning
    601 - Maduro
    Ave Maria Lion Heart
    Ave Maria Dark Knight
    La Palina Maduro
    Padilla 1968
    Oliva Serio O
    Macanudo Inspirado

Pick up some 5rs and see if there is something that calls you.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark Knights have been back ordered for months but well worth it when they are stocked again

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have I mentioned Victor Sinclair?

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

This comes up every few weeks.... we need a separate thread that can be sticky.... (insert joke here)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

This cigar absolutely belongs on this list;

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Picture thief ^

Don't look ↑