Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Bad reviews suppressed?

I've written a few bad reviews this year. Haven't kept track of them but notice most reviews are positive, even on cigars one can know won't appeal to most smokers. So, decide to look up my reviews and can't find the poor ones - just the positive. Anyone else notice this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

The forum is hosted but totally separate from ccom. You won't find anything you posted to the business site here.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is he talking about "ratings & reviews" sections on individual cigars?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CigarReviewerCigarReviewer Posts: 2

Not on this forum, no. The reviews on individual cigars on Cigar.com proper

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, what didn't you like?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why someone would write a bad review about a cigar....
    Bad taste....Everyone's taste is different. Yours might have been off that day for any number of reasons. Let them sit awhile and retry
    Bad burn....Who knows what condition they've been stored at. Let them sit awhile longer, then retry.
    Received some moldy one's.....Call customer service.
    Maybe if the thing blows up and takes an eye out....Then write up something..

I don't pay any attention to good reviews ether. Unless I know the person has close to the same taste in cigars as I do....Even then it's a gamble if I'm going to like it or not.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

People that write reviews and the people that believe them are both ________.

A. Silly
    B. Gullible
    C. Narricists
    D. All the above

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would they suppress bad reviews?
    Do you really think your review will have any impact?

Besides, they sell enough cigars that one bad review on Acid isn't gonna make much difference.

For that matter, good reviews may take 6-12 months to show up on their site, if they ever do. So assuming that it is only bad reviews that don't show up, is A$$- U- ming.

Life is good, quit dwelling on useless things and enjoy it.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    People that write reviews and the people that believe them are both ________.

A. Silly
    B. Gullible
    C. Narricists
    D. All the above

Or E. An A$$hole.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.