Home General Discussion
Options

Double double avatar avatar

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed a few weeks ago that my avatar seems to often come up twice. It seemed to be only me, but then I saw that Silverdak's avatar was doing the same. That freaked me out because that guy (?) has been here as long as me and NEVER ONCE posted anything at any time. Now I'm seeing other folks avatars coming up twice.

@TheCigarChick , Lindsay, hate to bug you with these things, but, do the folks who generate the forum have any idea what's going on with this? It's never happened before, and I'm a suspicious superstitious old curmudgeon with trust issues about weird things that happen online.

Or, perhaps some of our computer-savvy members may know?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen this and was wondering if the double avatars was because I was on the site with both my computer and my phone at the same time.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    I've seen this and was wondering if the double avatars was because I was on the site with both my computer and my phone at the same time.

Maybe, I've tried signing out on the phone to see if that helped, but it didn't.

I got a WTF on the OP? Curiouser and curiouser..

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

I have seen double avatars displayed too, and wondered why.
    But where? I'm assuming you mean in the "who's online" display that I see down in the column on the right on screen.

• Options

I'm thinking that it may just be when I'm on a thread. Perhaps the program protocol is recognizing that I'm on this thread, in the General Discussion category, and lists both.

Don't know. It just never did it before.

I also like for all my money to be facing the same way in my wallet, with all the bills in order from back to front, 5's with 5's, 1's with 1's etc. And, I still roll socks, t-shirts and underwear like we did in basic training.

Persnickety OCD tendencies!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to face my bills.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no! I just looked and I had double avatars! Egads!

So I tried to log off and see if that's fix it. But it said 'You don't have permission to do that'. LOL. Then I saw an unread message in my inbox, read that, and the double is gone.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

We'll see.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Double @Vision. No mater which angle you look at it from, it stares back at you.

I’m watch you.......