Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Hundreds of cigars that need a new home

Hey all, I'm brand new here, so I totally get it if no one wants any of it, but... here goes.

I used to be really into cigars. Was a very active member, both bombing and receiving bombs of some now defunct forums. Loved smoking one on the deck in the evening with a cup of coffee. I went so far as to go to the Devil's Site (I assume people still call it that - cigarbid.com) and scraped every single one of their auctions to put the information into a database. Why? So when I found something I wanted, I could look at the history and see the min/max/mean/median to figure out what to bid. And I bought. A lot.

So I did what anyone with too many cigars would do - made some coolerdors. Humidity beads, etc... Bought the cedar trays to stack them in the coolerdor.

But life happened, and I got out of it. But I kept all of my cigars, of which I have hundreds. I have two coolers and one standing humidor (maybe 40-50 cigars in that). I'd love to say that one day I'll get back into it, and who knows - maybe. But not right now or the foreseeable future.

I'm sure they're all dry as hell, since I haven't done anything with them for years. The coolerdors stayed shut, but I'm sure humidity still leaks out. I have no idea if any of them will ever recover, even if treated to a proper humidity, resting comfortably for a few months.

So here's where I get to why I'm here. I want to get rid of them, but I don't want to throw them out. So if anyone is local to me (Kirkland, WA) and would like to give these a new home, they're all yours. I can split - if there's multiple interest.

I would just put these on craigslist or whatever, but they frown on tobacco products, so I was hoping this would be the perfect place.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free is good. And, If I were nearby, I'd take 'em off your hands as an experiment. First I'd try them as is to get an idea of how dry. and then see if I could recondition them and try them again. I'm doubtful though. My pre-conceived opinion is they are terrible now and wouldn't get much better after reconditioning. But I hate seeing cigars go to waste.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty awesome. Hope you find a home for them!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

generous offer. Good luck passing them on.

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are willing to ship a few let me know I'll pay for postage :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I needed cigars I’d drive over to you from Spokane. Good luck

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure send me a $30 flat rate box, I'll PayPal it to you

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt if they would be that dried out in Kirkland. I'll pay postage and send you a few bucks for whatever you have leftover

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

DZR strikes again!!!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.