Home Cigar 101

Travel

DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

What kinda lighting apparatus do you guys bring along with you on flights?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually pick up a Bic when I get there or borrow someone else's lighter when I go to a herf.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you happen to buy one while traveling...I’ve found that mailing it to yourself saves a lot of hassle

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm…. Should I not be putting my lighters and cutters in checked luggage??

• DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    Ummm…. Should I not be putting my lighters and cutters in checked luggage??

Cutters are ok. Butane / torch lighters I believe are disallowed by TSA.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just don't put them in your carry-on.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/flammables?page=0

Torch Lighters
    Carry On Bags: No
    Checked Bags: No
    Torch lighters create a thin, needle-like flame that is hotter (reaching 2,500 F) and more intense than those from common lighters. Torch lighters are often used for pipes and cigars, and maintain a consistent stream of air-propelled fire regardless of the angle at which it is held.

Butane
    Carry On Bags: No
    Checked Bags: No

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/sharp-objects

Cigar Cutters
    Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
    Checked Bags: Yes
    While cigar cutters are generally permitted, we recommend that you pack them in your checked baggage. TSA officers have the discretion to prohibit any item through the screening checkpoint if they believe it poses a security threat.

Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

BIC and i have a Keychain punch that goes through the TSA no issues

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to pack some cedar spills.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always throw my vertigo cyclone torch in with my toiletries, carry on and or checked bags. I fill it all the way up so there's no air bubble and then turn the flame all the way down so it doesn't light. If they see it and inspect it, it looks empty with no air bubble and no light, although they've never inspected. On the way home, there's an air bubble, but that's okay, if they take it then I'm out 6 bucks and have 5,338 lighters at home.

Don't look ↑