Home Non Cigar Related

Amos_Umwhat

peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want Steve to know we're in his corner, pulling for him.

Pop in here when you can Steve and give us an update, please.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful news! You can't have the operation go too perfectly, otherwise some people won't lead a healthy lifestyle in order to prevent it :D . Jokes aside, very glad you're ok. Keep us updated.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a 5-way bypass survivor, but my operation was a walk in the park compared to what you went through, @Amos_Umwhat. You are one tough dude and my hat’s off to you.

I probably wouldn’t have had the presence of mind to be able to cause that nurse to get the job done right.

Well done, lad. Keep on keepin’ on…. 👍👴🏻

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good news to hear.....Not the problems you had, but you're on the mend.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

People like to brag what an inventive era we live in today... Me, I think our brainchildren are trivial compared to a hundred years back. I'd rate pain killers over tweets any day. In Grandpa's yoot, the doc would say "Take a swig, bite down hard on this, these five guys will hold you down so's you don't squirm, and if you feel like passing out that's prolly a good idea." Then whip off your leg.

Hey, just Friday they yanked out a bag of rocks where my gall bladder used to live & handed me a jar of Percosets I haven't even opened. You need it, it's yours... Addy me, and I'll mail it to you.

Tho, these days, the snail mail will prolly get it to you next month when you're back to chasing Faye round the mulberry bush.

Survival rocks.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear you are on the mend Steve!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an ordeal to go through. I'm glad you're a fighter, feel better soon.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you need a neanderthal to help you recover, brother! Glad to hear the good news.

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, and I thought getting my fingertip split was bad. Glad you're on the other side of it now.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat Steve glad you're on the mends, praying for you.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you are doing well. Follow the docs orders

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like a living nightmare, knowing exactly what they're doing wrong as they bungle it, cutting off your air supply. Glad that didn't go any worse than it already did.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing worse than not being able to breath. That must have been a nightmare. Glad you're on the mend.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking and praying for you Steve.

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Glad to hear you are home and on the mend. I've got a Hemingway I'll burn for you. Hang in there.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep fighting the good fight (the one to live) Steve!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping you in our prayers Steve! Wishing you a speedy recovery

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks all

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prayers brother!

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear from you.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep toughing it out brother. Each day is a gift.

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear it went well (except for the whole almost being suffocated to death thang). Heal well Steve.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is the recovery going?

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve hoping for the best and get better ASAP.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you're getting better, Steve. Continue the improvement.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hang in there Steve, you'll be back on your game in no time.

A little dirt never hurt