Home General Discussion
Options

2 concerns storage/travel related

JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay let me start by saying I have searched and found alot of "historical" threads but I'd like some fresh opinions from current guys I've started getting to know on here.
First I've already out grown my humidor... I took the advise i found and got one twice as big as I thought I'd need and thank goodness I did because my @Bigshizza sampler would have filled the one I thought I needed all by itself.
But I sniped a few sprint sales and bought a daily deal or 2 and less then a month and I need to figure out my next storage solution. That being said I'd like to hear and/or see exactly what kind you guys buy Tupperware sizes or cooler size brand whatever. I know I will end up with multiple down the road sooner then later and I'm ocd when it comes to matching and storage solutions stacking and what not so I'd like to do it right the first time. Including humidstats do you guys like the boveda butler option?

2nd. I'm taking the family to Florida you know disney world and clear water Beach stuff like that at end of October and I need a plan of attack for my cigars for the trip. Ive seen a couple options but I was wondering could I just do some individual bags with boveda packs or should I just get a travel case of some kind. Again I'm looking for opinions from yous guys.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

I figured that was probably the better option.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

The travel humidor is the way to go. They’re compact and will protect your smokes from getting damaged.

You can’t go wrong with Boveda.
    As far as cooler/humidor/Tupperware it all comes down to personal preference. Lowest maintenance would be a cooler or coolers. Some like great big coolers. I use several mid-size and use tupperware and a couple humidors. It depends on how long you’re going to store them, how much attention you want to give them, and what you like. But whatever you choose just know you can’t go wrong with boveda.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, stop by corona cigars on sandlake rd. Always a great place to grab a cigar and a pour of fine whiskey

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I have a travel herfador and I also usually add a tupperdor in my carry-on backpack when I'm going to a herf.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you already have a small Tupperware in the kitchen, that works.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any food grade sealable plastic container will do for home storage, Herf-a-dor etc., for travel. And, in Florida, just carry a few sticks with you, and refill in Ybor City, or many other places. There's still remnants of the once flourishing cigar culture in Florida.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    You should look up a guy I know down there. See if he's down to herf. He's into some weird culinary practices but he smokes good cigars. Goes by Nick.

Does he bite the head off of bats? :D

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

For Tupperware, nothing beats Rubbermaid brilliance. Rubber seal around the rim, completely airtight. Easy release handles, transparent all the way around so you can see your sticks. Stackable.

I think you can get them at Walmart for about 6 bucks a piece. They'll hold about 30 toros each. I have about 8 of them. 5 are full of smokes, and I have 3 in my wineador without the lids as singles' tubs/drawer substitutes.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank Sold! I like the look of those and sounds like good size

• Options

And boveda butler any opinions on it or should I just get some digital thing to put in each one

• Options
    edited August 2021

If you put boveda 60 gram packs in there, you don't need hygrometers. The space is so small it's literally fail proof.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited August 2021

John gave me that one. That is where it has stayed this whole time. I look at it everyday to remind myself what kind of guys John Paul and Dan really are! And I don't want it infecting all of my other smokes lol

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    If you put boveda 60 gram packs in there, you don't need hygrometers. The space is so small it's literally fail proof.

Wonderful thanks for the help

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    John gave me that one. That is where it has stayed this whole time. I look at it everyday to remind myself what kind of guys John Paul and Dan really are! And I don't want it infecting all of my other smokes lol

Does it have a date sticker? Probably at least 3 - 4 years old.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I ordered 2 travel cases a "5" and a "15" for Florida trip, check. Figured would be nice to bring a smaller one for the beach days. Next the Rubbermaid

• Options

Great idea @VegasFrank

• Options

I went back and forth on the size and after that insight i'm glad I went with the 15. Simple solution to expand storage thxs bud

• Options
    edited August 2021

You think that's a good idea, wait till you go to harbor freight and discover the gun cases. 70 count travel humi for 30 bucks!

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Lol see I was thinking pistol case but obviously my head wasn't in the right place

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    Lol see I was thinking pistol case but obviously my head wasn't in the right place

You were on the right track.

Don't look ↑