Home General Discussion

Building a Cigar room

Hi All,

New to the forum … I am entertaining building a Cigar room at home and I guess I wanted to reach out to the community to get advice on what i need to do … i have done some research and know the basics (not soft surfaces etc) but the main think i guess i need help in understanding is ventilation ! … i need to get bad air out and good air in … i have seen alot of talk about the RABBIT AIR which is an air purifier (so that on the list) but i guess i need to get the smoke out as well … it is a 13x14ft room and i have a window to open .. the room is at the front of the house and the window is near the front door … any advice on ventilation would be really helpful … i have AC going into the room so i am not sure if the smoke will go into that vent or not ? Last thing i want is cigar smoke to be distributed through the house … again any help would be great … thank you so much

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a budget?

• Bugsy86Bugsy86 Posts: 7

I guess i am figuring that out … furniture i am good with … it will be around painting the room (which i can do) ripping up the carpet and putting down the tiles (which i will need someone to do) and the ventilation system (and i guess i need to know what the best practice is and then i can go from there)

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many people do you plan on having in there smoking at a time?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo is building one right now.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@MrShrek - i would say 4 max .. and most of the time it would only be me

@VegasFrank - thanks … I’m based in Vegas as well !

@CalvinAndHobo .. would be great to know what your doing with the room

@Cam_91 .. i was more thinking along the lines of if there was anywhere in town to check out or people to use … but i get the confusion haha

@CalvinAndHobo that awesome … thanks for the info … I’m married with a kid … but i got a good egg and she is down for me to convert our daughter playroom into a cigar room …. Will a HVAC company be able to install the fan in the room ? The only external wall i would have is to the front door … not sure if pushing smoke to the front door is ideal … i may switch the room if this is the case

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’ve got the money, they can install it anywhere, they just need to buy more duct to run between the fan and the vents. Most companies will give free estimates, I’d recommend getting 3.