Home Cigar 101

Where can I sell my cigar collection?

migmercymigmercy Posts: 1

Hi,

I live in Miami, I have a collection on 1500 cigars. Just wondering where I can sell them.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calle Ocho

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

All you have to do is find someone who thinks they're worth what you're asking for them (and has the money, unlike the poor slobs on this forum) and you're golden. Easy peasy.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but first you have to build your reputation as a known reputable person. First post sale shows just how (dis)reputable you could be.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you might have to make several small sales first and use Paypal, so if they don't get the items, they can get their money back.
    And you may only get pennies on the dollar of their worth.

So if you have $10 cigars to sell, you might only get a dollar a piece for them.
    It takes quite some time to be a reputable seller with most of these groups and even then, you'll be lucky to get 30% of their worth, especially if they are common cigars.

And most places, if you don't post pics, no one will even look at your posts.

Facebook groups, Online Humidor or craigslist may be options.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑
  • CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

I'll give you $5.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have that large of a collection I’m sure you already have plenty of friends with similar interests. Break them down into samplers and sell to them. Not gonna get much love here seeing how your 1st post was regarding selling something. I’ve been here 4 years and only sold samplers twice… C’mon man…

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@migmercy said:
    Hi,

I live in Miami, I have a collection on 1500 cigars. Just wondering where I can sell them.

Thank you in advance!

I’m interested. Can you please post photos to this thread.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Stand on a corner in Tampa, they'll sell like hotcakes. They're hard to come by there.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@migmercy said:
    Hi,

Thank you in advance!

Now I'm curious. How did you obtain your collection "on" 1500 cigars? Inheritance? Neighbor gave them to you? Didn't someone just hijack a bunch of Saka's? Found them in an alley? What kind of cigars are they? Did you buy them? Over time or all at once? Have you sold any of them yet?

Enquiring minds want to know!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a pretty good collection. Some TAA some regular stuff some older stuff some new stuff. I think Robby has a list.

Don't look ↑