Home General Discussion
Options

cigar.com 100. cash

Does anyone know how to take advantage of the 100. bonus on the purchase of 200.
I tried to order 339.00 today and used the code given in the offer; no luck, no discount.
Didn't complete the sale. Tried several times.

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM @TheCigarChick with your issue if you can't contact them via phone and resolve this.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not an immediate discount. Basically You receive $100 credit for your next purchase.

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@David1031 said:
    Does anyone know how to take advantage of the 100. bonus on the purchase of 200.
    I tried to order 339.00 today and used the code given in the offer; no luck, no discount.
    Didn't complete the sale. Tried several times.

Hi,

@Rdp77 is correct: these are $100 Cash Cards which come within the shipment containing your qualifying order. You place the order, at Checkout enter the code FREE100, and after your order arrives, you have the $100 card to use toward a future order as a method of payment.

The promotion to get your free $100 cash card ends at 11:59pm ET on 09/16, and the $100 cards are valid until 11:59pm ET on 12/31/21.

• Options
    ThaneThane Posts: 6

I used the code and didn't receive anything in my order, just a "wine" card and "watch store" card... I put in a support ticket, but I've put in support tickets in the past and never received a reply to any of them. I just got upgraded to the "elite" membership thing, I guess I'm supposed to have access to a "personal account manager" so who knows, maybe I will get an answer now that I've spent over $1k on their site? With hundreds of cigar sites on the web IDK how they can afford to give such poor customer service.

• Options
    ThaneThane Posts: 6

Hey I did get a reply woohoo... That was quick too! So for my case I guess my "subtotal" was under $200, it was like 199.99 so didn't qualify. they're going to send me a card for it "as a courtesy". I was confused about it because I used the coupon at checkout and everything looked good, it didn't say I needed to get my subtotal over 200, so figured the actual-total was good enough (including tax, etc).

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That is stupendously and incredibly amazing!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Nice!

• Options

I donno, I tagged in Lindsay and the problem was resolved. Seemed an easy choice.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Far_North_64 said:

@peter4jc said:
    We need to get this thread deleted! If people find out they can get satisfaction via the forum we'll have gazillions of people thinking this is some sort of backdoor way to customer service! Aaaaacckkk!

From now on, NEVER mention @TheCigarChick. Lindsay is too nice and can't resist helping. When someone registers and their first post is a customer service problem, we need to ridicule them and flag them and embarrass them so they learn that we can't help them and we're just a bunch of nice guys that HATE the likes of them and want to be left alone.

So treat them like everyone else!

This guy gets it!!!!!!!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@peter4jc & @VegasFrank - Thanks for the laugh! :D Also, if my parents ever got onto this Forum and saw anyone said I was “too nice,” they’d probably have my head examined.

@Thane - Glad to hear the problem was resolved quickly, and to your satisfaction. All customers on our email list - which you would be as an Elite Advantage member - did receive an email about the Cash Card promo. In it was fine print stating that the $200 threshold was based off of subtotal, as things like sales tax and excise tax are by law, and go to respective government entities rather than CIGAR.com. Since you were so ridiculously close to $200 as a subtotal, to me it’s a no-brainer to have given you the $100 card, so I’m glad it all worked out in the end.

• Options
    HupperwareHupperware Posts: 1

... um ...

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peter was right.

• Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was real close to thinking about spending $200 soooo....

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hupperware said:
    ... um ...

DZR

or @peter4jc

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hupperware said:
    ... um ...

It's because you bought dog rockets