Home Non Cigar Related

Ain't Click Bait Great

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Olympic Gymnasts Reveal That Comey's Trump-Hating FBI Was OK With Child Rape

I want the job concocting clickbait and chirons.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

That whole article reads like it was written by an incomplete AI....

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I misread that as ant click bait, which lead me to this:

https://amazingants15.blogspot.com/

see #4

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Interesting article @silvermouse

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love ants, amateur myrmecologist.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I love ants, amateur myrmecologist.

That explains it, I used to have ants, now I have mice but no ants.

A little dirt never hurt
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even Edward's click bait is smart...

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Even Edward's click bait is smart...

Right?? I just read it.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Nope,.... Not gonna click it.

EDIT: OK, I clicked it, only to confirm my suspicions. Slideshow junk!, with ads that trick you into clicking on them by displaying buttons that make you think you're clicking on the next page of the slideshow. Plus an insidiously jumpy display that I assume is designed to trick you as well. The screen jumps so that your next mouse click will be positioned over an ad and not the "next" button you meant to click for the slideshow.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

Nope,.... Not gonna click it.

I hadn't seen that, but I think I can save you the trouble. In Tennessee the deadliest creature isn't the ubiquitous brown recluse spider, or the black widow, which we also have plenty of. Nor is it any of our venomous serpents.

No, the deadliest animal in Tennessee is undoubtedly the white-tailed deer. Hiding in cornfields at the edge of the road it stalks the unwary traveler. Like the honey-bee which dies when it stings, it makes its kamikaze leap at just the right moment to penetrate the windshield, or the chest of the oncoming motorcyclist. Its friends and family then scatter like teenaged vandals at the sight of blue lights. In the resulting chaos, drivers unwittingly cross over into the oncoming traffic, or veer unstoppably into large trees, or plummet to their watery deaths off bridges.

Killer deer.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited September 2021

I want a job writing clickbait headlines. Looks easy.
    1. Even millennials hate the millennials, so they click to know what they'll screw up next.
    2. Yeah, who makes that Kirkland liquor?
    3. Easy
    4. Easy
    5. Waaaay too easy
    6. Oh no! Doris Day? Say it isn't so. <--- that's one of the common themes for the headlines, not my personal reaction. But that's the reaction you're going for anyway.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doris Day had a dark side. That **** was a stone-cold Killa.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

M*****-F****** wouldn't tell me what song it was. If you write a story about a woman who was arrested twice in the same day because she had a freak-out over a sad song played over the grocery store muzak channel, TELL ME THE SONG!

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yuck! I only hung in there for eight words of the first verse,...but that was very very bad.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

Yuck! I only hung in there for eight words of the first verse,...but that was very very bad.

You’re welcome 😂

edited August 2023

This Youtube thumbnail caught my eye.

Conspicuously flagrant clickbait, so I had to click on it.

As expected, an AI written AI voiced AI produced biographical slideshow on Steve Martin.

So then, I wanted to check out the YouTube channel to see what other weird celebrity fake deaths they had.

Look at all the dead celebrities! This is oddly hilarious to me.

And every thumbnail has a casket. LOL