Home General Discussion
Options

Best Cigars from Jamaica

Hello,

I’m looking for good cigars strictly from Jamaica. I’m trying to start a concept shop and would like some good small batch or even main stream cigar companies making fun stuff from Jamaica. Does that exist? Not familiar with cigar market just reselling.

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reselling cigars would require a license, collecting tobacco taxes, and following byzantine regulations state-by-state or a potential visit by the ATF.

Good luck.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the best-sellers are called "Spliffs".

Joking aside, someone asked this question a couple years ago. You might try searching. I think that at some point in time, Jamaica was a contender in the cigar market, but perhaps no longer, if Wylaff's correct.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nick Melilo was big fan of the old Macanudos, which had Jamaican tobaccos (? Cow tongue?). If I am not mistaken, I think he uses some Jamaican tobacco to make the Upsetters (which is an infused blend , likely to contain more than one country tobacco in it). 100% Jamaican tobacco would be tough.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barrington House Cigars is the only one I know of.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even Macanudo knew to leave Jamaica.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

"not familiar with the cigar market just reselling."

😆

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else ever wonder if these goofy posts are just guys on other cigar forums yanking our chains?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I wonder if it's a DZR post, or if the guy is trying to get us to say "antique macanudo" but that sounds like a good idea. We should head over to the cbid forums and ask about the cheap Gurkhas.

Don't look ↑