Home Cigar 101

Humidor Issues

So here is my problem! I've got a 50ct humidor I have been seasoning. I did my 2 boveda 84's for two weeks like recommended. So I took the 84's out put my cigars in along with 2 Boveda 69 and my humidity is still at 74%. Can someone give me some advice to get my humidity down to where it needs to be.

Comments

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guys in here will most likely recommend the following

-leave the humidor open for several hours

-use a 65% boveda pack instead of 69%. 50ct is pretty small so you might want to keep it to a single 60g pack

-ditch the wood and get a cooler or airtight plastic bin. Iris or Rubbermaid work the best

-search other threads in here, because this topic has been answered several times over

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will drop when you put some cigars in there.
    2 60g is good (more is better than less)
    Most importantly - what are you measuring rh with? Hopefully a calibrated digital and not the decoration only analog that came with the humi.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus, humidity doesn't instantly change with wood humidors by putting different boveda packs in. You've humidified the shyte out of the wood. It'll take more than a few hours of opening the lid, depending on your ambient humidity in the room.

Put the new boveda in there and they will regulate it...first by soaking up moisture, then by releasing it.

If you want instant changes in humidity, plastic airtight is the way to go. Even then, humidified cigars will slow that down.

Don't look ↑