Home Non Cigar Related
Options

In search of a fool

Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve got a surplus of hot sauces and don’t want them going to waste before the best by date. Is anyone foolish enough to take these two off my hands? The right is good until spring ‘22, and the infamous Last Dab (sold out) has over a year left. I’ll also throw in some bodyguards. They are H-O-T 10/10 hot, accept only if you’ll put em to good use. Who’s brave enough to be my huckleberry?

Comments

• Options

Almost forgot, @Rob1110 has priority since he’s sending some sauces my way. Let me know if you’re interested my man

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next dibs

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

This isn’t a volunteer but how’s the flavor on something that hot. I enjoy hot 🔥🔥🔥/🔥🔥🔥🔥 but I need flavor as well. Is it enjoyable hot or just e-penls?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't do that hot hot hot anymore, but generous offer, Cam.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Vision said:
    This isn’t a volunteer but how’s the flavor on something that hot. I enjoy hot 🔥🔥🔥/🔥🔥🔥🔥 but I need flavor as well. Is it enjoyable hot or just e-penls?

It really depends Pete. These things have no rhyme or reason. I’ve noticed the farther down the peppers are on the ingredients list = the more I’ll enjoy it Lol The super hot stuff I’ll utilize in marinades, sauces, or aioli but not directly on my food.

Although, sometimes it’s just so damn tasty that I’ll put myself through it like a true idiot. The ones below I was going to give away, but saw the ingredients and thought “that sounds delicious”. The ones I gave my pops in the hot sauce thread are amazing, so try those out.

First ingredient reaper? No sir not for me. All smokin Ed’s stuff is flavorful tho. No concentrates

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

If someone else wants them, by all means - I have a shelf full of hot sauce in the fridge and at least a half-dozen unopened bottles in the cabinet, waiting for me to make some room. Then, add the dozen or so new bottles that I just made (a few of which, I'll be sending your way) and I still have a few dozen peppers on the plants that are destined for more sauce. I think I'm set for a few days.

And @CalvinAndHobo already said it. Regulations on food can be a little ridiculous. There's enough salt and vinegar in most hot sauce that they'll last WAY beyond the sell-by date. I still have a bottle of one of my own hot sauces that I made back in 2015 and it's still fine. If it doesn't hiss when you open it (that's another story), no mold, doesn't smell funky, chances are, it's fine.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

The expiration date on a lot of things is actually for the packaging. Like they’ve said, between the peppers and vinegar the lid would be the first thing to go.
    And for me I pay attention to the ingredients list. I’ve found that in most cases anything listed before the pepper used you can taste...anything listed after is pointless. I like heat...but I love flavor. So I pay attention to what I’ll be able to taste.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rob1110 so you are telling me I need to refrigerate after opening?

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard @Patrickbrick was looking for some new stuff to try 😊

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    @Rob1110 so you are telling me I need to refrigerate after opening?

In the case of hot sauce, probably not totally necessary but still good practice. :smile: