Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Sh*ts and Giggles

Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this question online and knew there might be some golden stories in this place: What’s the dumbest way you ever hurt yourself?

I’ve got a couple since I’m accident prone, but this one is probably at the top. Twelve minutes into my shift working as a stock boy, I was using a tape gun to make boxes and the damn thing kicked back after the tape broke… 8 stitches later and I have the scar to this day. Anyone throw their back out sneezing? Lol

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Opened my head up on a lower UHF blade antenna on an A-10 after working around the things for 5 years. The engineers decided to move it from the centerline, where’d I’d always seen and avoided it, to the lower left side under the cockpit ladder on the ‘82 & later models. First ‘82 model jet I worked on I walked smack into it edge on, snapped it off in my nugget, got 38 stitches, a REALLY bad haircut and had to replace the frappin’ thing to boot. Think it cost something like $4800 for the antenna, in 1985.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once tripped over my own feet while walking down my hallway and broke my foot in 3 places.
    I snapped both of my bottom ribs with a sneeze when I was 18.
    I tore my rotator cuff trying to wipe my own ass before I lost weight.
    I cracked a vertebra in my neck when I was sitting in the back of a side-by-side. I was wearing a helmet, but we hit a bump and I hit a support strut at an odd angle. Couldn't turn my head for about 18 months, and couldn't crack my neck for 4 years after.

I don't consider myself accident-prone, but all evidence points to the contrary.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was once painting a roof and stepped back to admire my work. Compound fracture of right wrist. The cast prevented me from rolling back my wrist while riding my motorcycle so I taped a half dozen Popsicle sticks to the throttle so all I had to do was yank it back.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    I once tripped over my own feet while walking down my hallway and broke my foot in 3 places.
    I snapped both of my bottom ribs with a sneeze when I was 18.
    I tore my rotator cuff trying to wipe my own ass before I lost weight.
    I cracked a vertebra in my neck when I was sitting in the back of a side-by-side. I was wearing a helmet, but we hit a bump and I hit a support strut at an odd angle. Couldn't turn my head for about 18 months, and couldn't crack my neck for 4 years after.

I don't consider myself accident-prone, but all evidence points to the contrary.

Winner

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the hell is a tape gun, I might need one.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropped a vacuum cleaner on my foot breaking my big toe the day before my first varsity tournament. Yeah that led to some **** talk from my teammates. I also dislocated my knee getting out of a car, damn sports really did a number on my joints

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    I broke my leg one hour after getting the cast of from my previous broken leg. Boy was Dad mad. I’m surprised I lived through that one.

For some reason this is the funniest damn thing to me. Maybe cause I’m a dad now and it would be awful to deal with. Pops was in more pain than you after that one.

@dirtdude

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sliding into first base. No broken bones, just a 5" diameter scab on my left hip. Hint: sober people know you can over-run first base.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an image of a tape gun showing the teeth.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

paper cut

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a **** mess.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:

@First_Warrior said:
    Was in the wrong place at the wrong time.When the bunker opened up on us I hit the deck and rolled. My butt was the highest point exposed and caught a round over my shoulder and just past my ball socket joint and out through my azz. 110 stitches and eight months later I was riding a BSA 500 CC.

Badāss story, I can relate. I once jumped six inches off the ground to pick an orange from a tree and rolled my ankle coming down, almost threw up from the intense pain. …was walkin again ten minutes later like nothin happened.

Bro you are totally badāss

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Broke my big toe kicking a rather large and heavy ceramic flower pot years ago. Must say it was pretty fvcking dumb!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

@Cam_91 said:
    Saw this question online and knew there might be some golden stories in this place: What’s the dumbest way you ever hurt yourself?

I’ve got a couple since I’m accident prone, but this one is probably at the top. Twelve minutes into my shift working as a stock boy, I was using a tape gun to make boxes and the damn thing kicked back after the tape broke… 8 stitches later and I have the scar to this day. Anyone throw their back out sneezing? Lol

Yes, I have. Completely serious.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.