Home General Discussion

New tupperdor

Just started smoking cigars. Trying to grow my collection. Here's my new tupperdor

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

And no...you probably won’t go to an actual humidor. Keep the tupperdors....lots and lots of tupperdors

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the cigars you have, what is your favorite so far?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice starter collection @Stephen_t! Love that oliva and that rocky 55. Welcome and stuck around!

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll also throw a little ….. Boveda Boveda and more Boveda out there.

Oh

PS….. Gasket Boxes

• Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome to the lifestyle but be prepared for that collection to grow and grow fast. Do you yourself a favor and never look at the "what are you smoking", "what did you get", and "what is coming out" threads or you will end up spending a lot of money! Now it is completely worth it l but just wanted to warn ya. Also you got some good sticks there

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got a great start there, @Stephen_t, a much better one than I had. I started off with Swisher Sweets, White Owls, and whatever else my local gas station had in stock. :)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Stephen_tStephen_t Posts: 16 ✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    You've got a great start there, @Stephen_t, a much better one than I had. I started off with Swisher Sweets, White Owls, and whatever else my local gas station had in stock. :)

I've smoked those as well

@Deadstroke174 said:
    welcome to the lifestyle but be prepared for that collection to grow and grow fast. Do you yourself a favor and never look at the "what are you smoking", "what did you get", and "what is coming out" threads or you will end up spending a lot of money! Now it is completely worth it l but just wanted to warn ya. Also you got some good sticks there

Thank you

@VegasFrank said:
    That's a nice starter collection @Stephen_t! Love that oliva and that rocky 55. Welcome and stuck around!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to trying the 55.

@Vision said:

Oh

PS….. Gasket Boxes

I have one Boveda 65% and a humidity pack that came with my cigar purchase. Should I include more ?

@Patrickbrick said:

@peter4jc said:
    That's adorable... No offense, Stephen... bookmark this post and check it out in a year or two.

I wonder if noobs have any idea of the precipice they're standing on. I know I didn't.

I knew exactly what I was getting into, Colleen however did not.

LOL nor does my wife.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@Stephen_t said:

@Vision said:

Oh

PS….. Gasket Boxes

I have one Boveda 65% and a humidity pack that came with my cigar purchase. Should I include more ?

One will probably handle your humidor but you can't overdue Boveda packs and you'll be needing more shortly anyway..

This….. but punt on that humidification package

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

If you liked the CAO gold Maduro, wait til you try the Brazilia and MX2.

Humidors are nice to look at and make you feel fancy but air-tight containers are better. And Boveda. Lots of Boveda. Don't be afraid to buy the $50 box of 60g packs. Great for keeping the humidity where it needs to be (60-70%) and they're rechargeable.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:
    If you liked the CAO gold Maduro, wait til you try the Brazilia and MX2.

Humidors are nice to look at and make you feel fancy but air-tight containers are better. And Boveda. Lots of Boveda. Don't be afraid to buy the $50 box of 60g packs. Great for keeping the humidity where it needs to be (60-70%) and they're rechargeable.

How many packs of Boveda should someone typically keep in a tupperdor

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Depends on the volume of the Tupperware. You can't have too many. I have 12 60g packets in a 500 CT humidor along with a cigar Oasis. The humidity from the cigar Oasis not running keeps the bottom humidity around 70 and the 69% bovedas keep the two trays at 65%. I would say 2 or 3 in your Tupperware and an equal number set aside to put in when the first few are being recharged.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

I start at one for every 25 cigars, which is I think the Boveda guidance, in my small tupperware. The more airtight the container the fewer you need. The only Boveda's I've had to recharge are from a wooden humi, got several that are well over a year old and still going strong.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL and @d_blades, it is my understanding that Boveda advises against recharging the packs. I forget where I read it, but I am pretty sure I did somewhere.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17