Home General Discussion
Options

Has this happened to you?

VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

Just received an order….. See photos.

Turned to dust on the cut and totally plugged

Missing a bit of wrapper

Hole with lots of little “specks” under the cello. Could just be me but these are not going into my humidor.

Edit : 3 separate cigars out of 5

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I wouldn't be putting them in my humidor either. Is there any way for you to get in touch with where you ordered them from, maybe work out some restitution?

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:
    Wow, I wouldn't be putting them in my humidor either. Is there any way for you to get in touch with where you ordered them from, maybe work out some restitution?

Email sent

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gotten cigars like that on 2 occasions, both were when I first started smoking. One was a pack of cigars I got from a gas station and the other was a cigar I got from a B&M that I didn't look at closely enough. Both times I didn't realize my error until I was at home on the back patio lighting up. They were terrible smokes, didn't finish them.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Way back in the olden days I spent a good amount of loot there too. No more.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got some very moldy cigars once from a large (r)etailer once, never ordered from them again. You would think they'd know it is bad for business and be more careful.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

beetle damage for sure. Do not put anywhere near other cigars.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I got some very moldy cigars once from a large (r)etailer once, never ordered from them again. You would think they'd know it is bad for business and be more careful.

I heard about someone getting moldy cigars from a large retailer once, haven't ordered from them since.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

I received a cigar with beetle hole through the wrapper and cello. The retailer replaced the whole 5 pack. Still order from them.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I also avoid companies that have massive data breeches, like Atlantic and Famous.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@silvermouse said:

I heard about someone getting moldy cigars from a large retailer once, haven't ordered from them since.

Yeah, I've put a Halt to ordering from them as well.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I also avoid companies that have massive data breeches, like Atlantic and Famous.

I had not heard about this. Good to know.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Atlantic was 5 or 6 years ago, they have likely improved their security now. Should have done it before they imperiled their customers.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

I'd almost rather order from them, thinking they've plugged their holes and would be more secure going forward. Data breaches can happen to any of them and thinking the ones we still use won't be hacked has no guarantees either.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

I would too, but then I'd have to stop ordering from Target Walmart Amazon Chipotle home Depot Lowes Barnes and noble ****'s sporting goods, pga store, and pretty much everywhere else that I put my credit card.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Man, you’d starve if ya did that. And Ubereats would go belly up.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@silvermouse said:

I would too, but then I'd have to stop ordering from Target Walmart Amazon Chipotle home Depot Lowes Barnes and noble ****'s sporting goods, pga store, and pretty much everywhere else that I put my credit card.

Just get a reloadable Visa card.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, I just use my bank card. When people steal it, I cancel it, get my money back, get a new card.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand, some retailers are receiving 5/10 packs already packaged that way directly from the factories. I recently received a 10pk from an online retailer that was pretty moldy. I sent them a picture and the replaced them immediately and credited me the amount of the purchase. I still order from them.