Home General Discussion
Options

Price Increases. What are your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    I occasionally buy an expensive cigar, in my opinion that means anything $7 and up. Most of what I buy I pay less than $3 for per cigar. Call me cheap, but that is what I like doing. Gas here is about $3.07 per gallon.

I never like price increases, but they are inevitable. Our government began killing our dollar bill long ago and inflation will never stop.

Online a $7 can be stupendous if you are selective, strategic and pay attention to price trends.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said: There will become a time when I'll either have to smoke less or smoke less quality if things continue.

Why is that? Is there a ceiling on what you can spend, or will spend? Is it an arbitrary number, or just a matter of principle? Your situation differs somewhat, simply based on your location too, right?

The factors driving up prices for cigars are different than the things that drive our incomes upward, but hopefully, our budgets for cigars go up along w/ their prices.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

The factors driving up prices for cigars are different than the things that drive our incomes upward, but hopefully, our budgets for cigars go up along w/ their prices.

Are 5-7% pay increases normal in your area?

• Options

Just using, say….. @VegasFrank
    If his cigars go up on average .50 a cigar and he smokes 3 a day (it was an off day for Frank). $1.50 a day, that’s roughly $550 a year on .50 a cigar. That’s not awful but still not good….. on .50 a cigar. Just an example for me personally. RVGN has a Corona I really like. Awesome 4x40 for $4.50.
    This was from Halfwheel
    Half Corona from $4.50 to $6
    I’m all set at $6.

• Options
    edited January 2022

And this is just on one hobby of many that most of us have. What about when Coffee goes up? How about ammo? Bourbon? Pipe Tobacco? Beer? Let’s say my gym(s) go up in prices. How about Netflix, Prime, your cable bill? Decisions will have to be made on where your money goes.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

It's cheaper to keep her, Jim. :D

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Love your last paragraph. My agree.

• Options
    edited January 2022

So why is everyone ok with Tobacco, Bourbon, Ammo etc going up ….. then why so mad at gas going up?

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I'm not mad you're mad :*

Had to fix your you're

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@Vision said:
    So why is everyone ok with Tobacco, Bourbon, Ammo etc going up ….. then why so mad at gas going up?

I think with the gas thing it has to do with it fluctuating so much and so often. Regular increases in products is a normal thing. It really sucks...but it’s normal. The price of gas (oil) is the main driver of the price of everything else going up. Me personally....I’m not ok with any of it. But it all starts with the price of fuel so I guess that’s why people focus directly on it so much.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

Personally I’m not mad because increases aren’t inevitable but I’m also jaded because I live in CA. But goods we need we will by and goods we want we will be more frugal with our spending. There are far worse situations ( look at Venezuela) to be in. Corporations run this country and will continue to dictate pricing and policy.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that damn Trump....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@Vision said:

Personally I’m not mad because increases aren’t inevitable but I’m also jaded because I live in CA. But goods we need we will by and goods we want we will be more frugal with our spending. There are far worse situations ( look at Venezuela) to be in. Corporations run this country and will continue to dictate pricing and policy.

If I lived in CA, I'd be way more worried about the price of bacon 🥓.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@Vision said:

If I lived in CA, I'd be way more worried about the price of bacon 🥓.

Lol - I get it yearly from my dad in Missouri when he has one or two of his butchered.
    I’m more worried about the constant overreaching politicians and the ongoing tax increases..

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I think cigars are too expensive, it helps to think about the price of cigars in the UK.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    When I think cigars are too expensive, it helps to think about the price of cigars in the UK.

Sadly, that's probably what our own politicians are using as a guideline.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

No one likes price hikes but It is what it is.

One thing I've learned about general happiness in life is to not worry about what you can't control.

• Options

Oh I don't disagree.... but the "boom" is here, now. They have to be jumping all over this.

When there's blood in the streets...... buy real estate.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we bought only half as many cigars in 2022, would the price go back down?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

There’s an endless amount of reasons why prices go up, inflation, demand, regulations, popularity, scrutiny, rarity, bad grow season, great grow season, all these things mean price will inevitably go up every year. So goes the way of the market, as long as it’s still in demand, the price will only ever go up long term.

Post edited by MrPossum on
  • Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 i heard they spray the plants with a Tylenol mixture