Home General Discussion

Back After 4 Years

flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys!!
Took a bit of a life break, my little girl developed a bit of depression and anxiety. We found a fantastic out-patient program and she is doing awesome. She is doing so well, she has moved out with her girlfriend and they are making a nice lil start in the real world. Im smoking more cigars now (since the lack of child around) For all of you Dads that have been there WTF, pretty damn lonely without my kid!! Hey, thanks for listening, looking forward to good conversations!!! Smoke on!!

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back!

Don't look ↑
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome back Chris. Congrats to your daughter for dealing with it rather than sadly coping.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @flowbee, kids, eh? I've got one out the door but the other one keeps sticking around. I don't know how I'll deal with it once it's just me and the Wife.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Chris!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    welcome back Chris. Congrats to your daughter for dealing with it rather than sadly coping.

Thankyou!!
    yessir!! she is a strong person, and she now knows how to beat it everyday!!

@Yakster said:
    Welcome back @flowbee, kids, eh? I've got one out the door but the other one keeps sticking around. I don't know how I'll deal with it once it's just me and the Wife.

OMG!! I forgot about those vherfs!! Still doing them?

@Stubble said:
    Hey Chris!

Hey Stubbs, been awhile!! Glad to see some of my ole buds still around!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@flowbee said:

@Yakster said:

OMG!! I forgot about those vherfs!! Still doing them?

More then ever, they've really picked up and work so much better since we switched to Zoom. Nowadays everyone's got a vHerf, but the one here at CCOM goes back a long ways.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @flowbee

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you cut your own hair @flowbee?

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    Do you cut your own hair @flowbee?

LOL Well, I used too!!! now its low maintenance!

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back , and hello to you sir!

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back sir.

A little dirt never hurt

@dirtdude said:
    Welcome back sir.

Thankyou!!> @EgoBoundary said:

Welcome back , and hello to you sir!

Thankyou!

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, good to meet ya.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back always great to hear from forum OG’s.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

@NorCalR1 said:
    Welcome back always great to hear from forum OG’s.

Thankyou! Nice to see you again!!!

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back! Bet those cigars are tasting better than ever. I'm on a little hiatus myself for the last few months (cold weather and life getting in the way) and every time I take a little break and come back I always love it. Cigars taste so good after a little palate reset. I also went through something similar with my daughter so I can appreciate your struggle. Glad to hear things are looking up!

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Welcome back! Bet those cigars are tasting better than ever. I'm on a little hiatus myself for the last few months (cold weather and life getting in the way) and every time I take a little break and come back I always love it. Cigars taste so good after a little palate reset. I also went through something similar with my daughter so I can appreciate your struggle. Glad to hear things are looking up!

Thankyou CAcigarguy007, I learned alot about understanding anxiety and how people who are struggling are afraid to open up and ask for help. I know how to see signs of people struggling without asking, and sometimes a little good conversation can get them on the right path without feeling embarrassed or afraid of what others may think!!
    Now for the cigars, I have been smoking all along, and the sticks I have from the years when I was more active are aging nicely!! I have some hidden Gems in the Cooler-dor I made from the Cigar101 discussion group 7 years ago

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Hey Chris! @flowbee I was away for a few days and didn't see this thread but then I noticed you posting in other threads and wondered "when did he sneak back in?" LOL Welcome back brother. Get on the vHerf sometime.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back

@Bob_Luken said:
    Hey Chris! @flowbee I was away for a few days and didn't see this thread but then I noticed you posting in other threads and wondered "when did he sneak back in?" LOL Welcome back brother. Get on the vHerf sometime.

Thanks Bob, I ve popping on the Herf around 8 eastern last couple nights got my setup working!! Cya in there soon