Wine

Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

A place to share and discuss wine.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

One of the wines my wife got from the WSJ wine club. It is pretty good!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an on-again / off-again relationship with wine. Lately, it's been on. I've been trying various red blends. Usually cabernet, merlot, shiraz, etc. I used to love burgundy, then I didn't. I don't know why. Then, from time to time, I lose my taste for reds, but I don't like many white wines. Primarily Kabinett, Auslese, Saar valley and Mosel valley whites. Not too sweet.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife's favorite red is Shroud Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, smooth, rich, dark and very fruit-forward.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the bigger box

• Options

I don't know much about wine, my wife has been more into it than I have. However, hard liquor has been leaving my belly feeling too acidic, so I am now getting into the wine more. I look forward to learning more about it. It seems at least a couple of you know a lot more than me!

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I have an on-again / off-again relationship with wine. Lately, it's been on. I've been trying various red blends. Usually cabernet, merlot, shiraz, etc. I used to love burgundy, then I didn't. I don't know why. Then, from time to time, I lose my taste for reds, but I don't like many white wines. Primarily Kabinett, Auslese, Saar valley and Mosel valley whites. Not too sweet.

Haven't had much wine in years but I have had wine from most all of the villages along the Mosel valley, which I preferred to the Saar and like Auslese a lot.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did some work for a wine company years ago and still get access to their family sales. With some pretty well known labels. Happy to pass along the information if anyone wants. Just PM me.

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

wife and i like a nice red wine after dinner. there is a local winery(San Sebastian winery) that we love their Vintners Red . I also enjoy a nice port with a cigar. love the Sandeman line of ports

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

We used to subscribe to get Bonnie Dune wines mailed to us but cancelled since we weren't drinking it. I like wine OK, but don't know much and usually end up drinking whiskey or beer.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    The thing I like most about wine is that it comes in a single serving container...

Are you saying all the alcohol I drink is not single serving. That actually explains alot

• Options

My wife joined the WSJ Wine Club using a promo that came in a shipment of my cigars. Then after she received the 14 bottle box she promptly canceled her subscription. She is a deal seeker that I fall more in love with each day. :)

• Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

I enjoy red wines, nothing real dry though. Love the barrel aged stuff.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boonesfarm. Don't forget Boonesfarm.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

• Options

Found picture from a guide to bum wine: https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/bumwineguide

• Options

My wife has me drinking this now. No, I will not turn in my man card.

• Options

Next up, skinny wine.

• Options
    edited April 2022

Edit: Sorry inappropriate

• Options

• Options

Good stuff, and local, too.

• Options

This is tonight's offering.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried pairing wine with cigars. I've tried it a few times. Some guys do it a lot.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    Have you tried pairing wine with cigars. I've tried it a few times. Some guys do it a lot.

I have not, yet. That is something I will try at some point. The wine I had tonight might be nice with a good Maduro wrapper.