Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What are the points in this forum all about?

Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been wondering for a while now, how does the point system in this forum work? I did a search and couldn't find any previous threads talking about it, so I hope I am not doubling up here.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

The points are pointless.

• Options

Thanks, @Yakster! The link you provided explained everything I wanted to know. Some people crush it in the points department every week but I didn't think they commented noticeably more than others, so I was a little confused.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was for getting free cigars from ccom.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    I thought it was for getting free cigars from ccom.

That would be amazing!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's points?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    There's points?

Yeah... where'd you find points?
    I never noticed.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Click on activity, points are listed in the right hand gutter. click on your homepage and points are listed in the stats at the top of the page. I have no idea how the number of points are assigned.