Home General Discussion
Options

TAA Cigars?

LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

What exactly are TAA labeled cigars?

I seen a Brickhouse cigar the other day that had a special TAA label on it.

Are these a special blend that is different than their normal offering?

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

No offence, google will answer have you seek.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

The TAA ( Tobacconist Association of America) is a group of 80-90 retailers across the country. The cigars labeled TAA are made specifically to be sold exclusively at those members retail stores. The blends usually are exclusive to the label; however, a few of them simply take an existing blend and add a label with the TAA designation.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Oh cut it out Patrick. We could technically Google every single thing that we talk about here. 😆

TAA stands for tobacconist association of America or some other nonsense. There are a couple hundred TAA stores throughout the United States and they're the only ones that are supposed to be allowed to sell these.

Most of the TAA sticks that you will see are an extension of some other line. In other words, different size or shape mostly.

A couple of brands have their very own TAA brand that only comes out for TAA release. Crown heads the Angels anvil comes to mind. Tat has one too.

TAA sticks are often more expensive than their brothers and cousins from the main line. Sometimes a TAA size will become a regular production stick.

Some manufacturers produce their TAA lines every year, like tat. Others like padron do them every so often.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am tired and at work Frank, I knew you would answer so I figured I would let him know about google before you did.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone. I'll buy one next time.

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is T&A @jlmarta

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White