LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever tried this brand?
If so, what do you think about them?

They look pretty interesting.

https://durangocigars.com/

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pipe tobacco cigar. I've had two, and I'm not a giant fan. I have had the stillwell stars from Dunbarton. The aromatic one burnt out my palate for 2 days. The Navy one burnt out my pallet for a night. If you try them let us know how they are.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Pipe tobacco cigar. I've had two, and I'm not a giant fan. I have had the stillwell stars from Dunbarton. The aromatic one burnt out my palate for 2 days. The Navy one burnt out my pallet for a night. If you try them let us know how they are.

Interesting.

Did they at least put out a pleasant pipe smoke scent?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I want to smoke pipe tobacco, I'll load up a pipe with about 25¢ of pipe tobacco. I can't see spending $15 - 20 for a cigar with pipe tobacco in it.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    If I want to smoke pipe tobacco, I'll load up a pipe with about 25¢ of pipe tobacco. I can't see spending $15 - 20 for a cigar with pipe tobacco in it.

I tried to smoke a pipe a few times, just can't catch on to it. I've watched multiple videos about how to pack a pipe And I think I actually do a good job at packing. I just can't seem to keep the darn thing lit without getting tongue bite.

Finally gave up.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Yeah, it's a challenge to learn the right pacing, more like sipping on smoldering tobacco that's just about to go out is the sweet spot for many. With a pipe there's no shame or taste penalty to relights.

But pipes are a whole 'nother rabbit hole to go down.

Post edited by Yakster on
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LuvBourbon said:

@VegasFrank said:

Interesting.

Did they at least put out a pleasant pipe smoke scent?

My fault, poor wording. Durangoes are pipe tobacco cigars. I haven't had any durangos. I've had two pipe tobacco cigars, both were from Dunbarton tobacco and trust.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you give it a shot, hit us up with the details … I am still trying to figure out if I need to buy all the Padrons

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had never heard of these before, and actually got them recommended to me by a fellow cigar guy just last week. Said he absolutely love them. He was smoking a triqui traca at the time. They do sound interesting. I'm tempted to call them up and see if they can through a sampler together.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...