Home General Discussion
Options

New golf country club being built. I want to propose cigar lockers for our cigar guys.

We're building a new golf country club. I want to propose a section of the locker room as a cigar locker section for the cigar guys. I want it custom made with glass doors. What are some ideas and pitfalls I need to look out for?

Comments

• Options
    Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vigilant makes custom lockers

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay away from glass doors

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why in the locker room?

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to know this first..... If you don't keep score, how do you measure yourself against other golfers?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you suppose this cigar locker will be used?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cigars will start to smell like a locker room.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude you don't want glass doors for a million reasons. The most important of which is that I wouldn't want someone else seeing what I had inside that **** locker. If I put a bunch of opus x in there, it would encourage lock picking.

I wouldn't put a cigar locker in a locker room at all. Anytime one person opens their cigar locker, it'll smell like the locker room. Since any cigar locker system is interconnected with ventilation for one single humidification system, Joe opening his locker while Bob's shoes are off would equal my cigar smelling like Bob's feet.

Let's not even talk about humidity. A locker room is connected to a shower. That kind of humidity will grow mold in cigars.

Even if you could keep out all of the external environmentals with a plastic or glass or metal locker system of some sort, all of that crap is introduced the first time anybody opens their individual locker because of the ventilated nature of every system.

If you're going to get a cigar locker installed into a clubhouse, it should also have a smoking room. Put the damn thing near there and not in it. That's your answer.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    1. I second Frank's take on this. Cigar locker should go in the cigar lounge, and no to the glass door idea. Not a good idea.

2. @Vision , how do you know they're not keeping score? Was this a V-herf conversation? Or, do you know the OP? Just wondered where that came from.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    1. I second Frank's take on this. Cigar locker should go in the cigar lounge, and no to the glass door idea. Not a good idea.

1. @Vision , how do you know they're not keeping score? Was this a V-herf conversation? Or, do you know the OP? Just wondered where that came from.

The movie Caddyshack

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

1. @Vision , how do you know they're not keeping score? Was this a V-herf conversation? Or, do you know the OP? Just wondered where that came from.

The movie Caddyshack

By height...... thank you John 😉

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank
    My feet don’t stink,….. that bad.