Home General Discussion
Options

No longer in production.

Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few nights ago on the vherf Chris brought up an interesting question to me and Sherm. What is a cigar that is no longer in production that you wish was still being produced? For me it was simple. Eiroa made Camachos. Interested in hearing some of your choices.

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

One of mine would be the La Gloria Cubana Colleccion Reserva which was regular production for a few years. It featured a Ecuador Sumatra wrapper with binder and filler from Nicaragua.

The Black Works Studio Hyena was a LE that I wish was regular production. It featured a Cameroon wrapper and fillers from Nicaragua.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oliva little bill was my favorite family series. I absolutely agree about the Camacho, how I miss those old madaro and triple madaros. Same blend my ass.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife would murder me and step over my corpse to get the OG El Rey de los Habanos back...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

This could be fun

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

AJF Pinoleros
    AJF Mayimbe

@CalvinAndHobo ....bring it.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Oliva little bill was my favorite family series. I absolutely agree about the Camacho, how I miss those old madaro and triple madaros. Same blend my ass.

Oliva? Little Bill was La Palina family series

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Budget cigar: Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Laugh if you want, but I liked 'em.

Not so budget: Uncle Lee (I think, named after Stan Lee I believe)

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@Patrickbrick said:

Oliva? Little Bill was La Palina family series

Thank you for the correction, long day.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jas Sum Kral Zlatno Sonce
    Puros Indios Esplendidos Maduro (back when R. Reyes Sr. was blending them)
    AJF Mayimbe

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Chief cool arrow. Big one more than the little one.

MB2? Never smoked one but I've heard things.

Tat kaos 2020. Oh and little monsters. And monster mash...

Super Deluxe

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

@Wylaff said:
    My wife would murder me and step over my corpse to get the OG El Rey de los Habanos back...

What vitola? I’m putting boxes together anyway.

I think she liked the torpedo the best.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super Deluxe. Hyena. Swarm.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

RP Olde World Reserve Maduro (not the new releases, original)
    RP Renaissance

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Laranja Reserva by Espinosa are back!

That's one I've been hoping is as good as the first release, down to my last few and they aren't my favorite vitola.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Budget cigar: Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Laugh if you want, but I liked 'em.

Not so budget: Uncle Lee (I think, named after Stan Lee I believe)

Sol Cubano CC
    My 1st purchase from ccom back in 2009-2010.
    I have one left from the 5er.

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Laranja Reserva by Espinosa are back!

Tell me.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

My choice is more for nostalgia probably. I really enjoyed the Indian Tabac line when I got into cigars. I always had some on hand. When I met Rocky I told him they were some of my favorite cigars. He looked at me like I was insane. One of his employees told me that line almost destroyed his business due to a cigar beetle infestation back in the day.

• Options

@jsnake said:
    My choice is more for nostalgia probably. I really enjoyed the Indian Tabac line when I got into cigars. I always had some on hand. When I met Rocky I told him they were some of my favorite cigars. He looked at me like I was insane. One of his employees told me that line almost destroyed his business due to a cigar beetle infestation back in the day.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@jsnake said:

I’ve been out of the loop. Going to check these out. Haven’t been much into the RP stuff and didn’t know he revived these. Thanks for the info!

• Options

Damn I reckon. That was a helluva smoke.