Home General Discussion
Options

Shipping Story

Cigar.com does a fantastic job of getting orders out the door, but sometimes the USPS decides to take my order on an adventure.

I recently place a small order of a Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Connecticut Nicaragua 5 pack (I think it was a Daily Cigar Deal). They shipped on 2/27 with the ultimate destination of Indianapolis. On 3/5, they showed up in Denver. I am not sure why they went to Denver, or why it took a week to get there, but that is where they first showed up on the USPS tracking site.

A day later, they made appearances in Omaha, NE and then Des Moines, IA. By 3/7, they had made it all the way to Milan, IL, so I am thinking they are getting close. Nope.

Later on 3/7, they popped up in Cincinnati, so they rode through Indiana on their way to Ohio. They left Cincy at 8:50 AM on 3/8, and then showed up in Columbus, OH, even further from Indianapolis than they started the day.

As of 7:10 PM on 3/9, they have left Columbus and are heading to parts unknown.

If I think about it and have the energy, I'll update this post when they finally get here.

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GeauxTigers said:
    Cigar.com does a fantastic job of getting orders out the door, but sometimes the USPS decides to take my order on an adventure.

I recently place a small order of a Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Connecticut Nicaragua 5 pack (I think it was a Daily Cigar Deal). They shipped on 2/27 with the ultimate destination of Indianapolis. On 3/5, they showed up in Denver. I am not sure why they went to Denver, or why it took a week to get there, but that is where they first showed up on the USPS tracking site.

A day later, they made appearances in Omaha, NE and then Des Moines, IA. By 3/7, they had made it all the way to Milan, IL, so I am thinking they are getting close. Nope.

Later on 3/7, they popped up in Cincinnati, so they rode through Indiana on their way to Ohio. They left Cincy at 8:50 AM on 3/8, and then showed up in Columbus, OH, even further from Indianapolis than they started the day.

As of 7:10 PM on 3/9, they have left Columbus and are heading to parts unknown.

If I think about it and have the energy, I'll update this post when they finally get here.

I think it’s that area. FN black hole. My cigar orders that are shipped from other state get here generally early. But anything grime cigars to books coming from PA takes 2-4 weeks

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

GeauxTigers Congratulations, You Win! Check my profile.

And thanks for being such an integral part of this forum!

Starting your second thread about something that we all experience, shows you are committed to the overall strength of this community. Thank you!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

Should we start a betting pool as to when he will get his smokes? LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options

Should we start a pool for when he'll start his third thread, or his first comment?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:
    @GeauxTigers ....Congratulations on passing @peter4jc introduction test!!!!!!
    I passed mine back in 2018 after many months of study.

I'm still waiting to retest.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    GeauxTigersGeauxTigers Posts: 9

Thanks. If the worst I get is somebody yanking my chain on a cigar chat board, it's been a good day.

If my LSU Tigers advance to the second round of the NCAA tournament and face Wisconsin, maybe Pete and I can get a side bet going?

• Options

I thought you'd be interested to know what's up w/ my package, @GeauxTigers. I ordered the cigars 3/11.

Status
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    March 14, 2022 at 8:37 pm

AVENEL, NJ 07001

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I thought you'd be interested to know what's up w/ my package, @GeauxTigers. I ordered the cigars 3/11.

Status
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    March 14, 2022 at 8:37 pm

AVENEL, NJ 07001

Thank you for the update Peter. I think most of us were very concerned. Everyone will sleep a little better tonight.

• Options

Nice, Pete. Hopefully they have a safe journey. What did you order?

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GeauxTigers I think we all have had the ups and downs of shipping problems from USPS to UPS delivering in BFE instead of to the address. Welcome to the forum, glad your cigars got to u.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options

So? Did they arrive on time?

• Options

@GeauxTigers said:
    So? Did they arrive on time?

Never mind. 😉

• Options

Alas, my friend, I feel your pain. You have taught me that unfortunately, this is not a unique situation. Godspeed to your package.