Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RIP @El_Fumador (MarcL on several forums)

TomCTomC Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

Really bummed to read that MarcL recently passed. He passed away a few weeks ago following complications from heart surgery.

He was very active on many cigar/tobacco/home-rolling forums. On BOTL, he posted frequently, sharing good eBay finds of cigar rolling gear and was an avid home roller who shared a lot of knowledge and wisdom with people. I always enjoyed his contributions and his own cigars looked beautiful. RIP brother. My next smoke will be lit in remembrance of @El_Fumador

Link with a good picture of him.

http://www.botl.org/threads/marcl-rip.97685/

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

:(

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

... a superb torcedorito, and the best gar photog ever

a prolific roller

who rolled all kinds of shapes

master of the torpedo

Each and every time I posted a carefully composed pic of my very best carefully culled roll, count on it, fifteen minutes later, MarcL would post a pic that made me look like a fumbling wannabe.

Roll On

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man what a shame. RIP roller man

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

That socks. RIP brother.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rest easy Marc. Glad I checked in w/ you every once in a while about your rolling.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wondered why he did post more here, you could tell he had a lot of tobacco knowledge.
    RIP @El_Fumador

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Marc

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well damn. Another taken too young.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Damn it not another brother. One other thing I also loved about him was all the cool cigar boxes used to find to stash his fresh rolls in. The pyramid was my favorite.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

His photos were like art. Sorry to here about losing another BOTL

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never knew him but RIP