Home General Discussion
Options

Unpressed Cigars

I was recently in the Bahamas and rolled my own cigars and smoked it right there. The smoke was fantastic with such an easy pull. Anyone know if you can buy cigars prior to them being pressed?

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

no, but you can buy leaf and roll your own.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost rolls his own cigars from whole leaf tobacco he buys online. There's a thread or two on here talking about it, I think the main one is:

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/897428/making-own-cigars/p1

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or you can buy a padron

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wspanic007 said:
    I was recently in the Bahamas and rolled my own cigars and smoked it right there. The smoke was fantastic with such an easy pull. Anyone know if you can buy cigars prior to them being pressed?

Not sure what you mean by "unpressed".
    When I hear "pressed", I think of a cigar which has been box pressed, to give it flat sides in cross section.

Do you mean that the leaves were bunched and bound, but that bound bunch was immediately wrapped, rather than setting it in a mold to get a completely uniform shape? I'm wondering why. What appeals to you about an unmolded gar? There's prolly someone selling unmolded somewheres... I don't know who or where.

But you can easily repeat your Bahamas experience. Here is a link to a vid showing how you can make a cigar without a mold but with a presentable uniformity:

https://youtu.be/TCqCESg3Q7c

Be sure that you add salty air, tropical breeze, & an icy rum drink or two, to get the authentic effect.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)