Home General Discussion
Options

What's a good travel humidor?

Cruiser5Cruiser5 Posts: 17 ✭✭

I'll be traveling for a week and would like to bring around 14 to 20 cigars with me. I was curious as to what the community of aficionados here would recommend as a good traveling humidor. More importantly, how would one logistically carry said cigars with a humidifier filled with cigar juice/distilled water without spilling all of its contents when the suitcase is inevitably going to shift around from standing up vertically to laying down flat?

Answers

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boveda

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

plastic bag, bubble wrap, boveda

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tupperdor or large Herfador with Boveda. I usually bring both in my carry on backpack to the MKE Herf.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    plastic bag, bubble wrap, boveda

This is ideal. I will clarify that "plastic bag" means a quality airtight ziploc type plastic bag along with a boveda 60 gram humidification packet. Place that inside a used bubble wrap envelope from a parcel shipment or amazon order to complete the process. Throw that in your luggage and you're good to go.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're taking a flight, there are extra considerations for lighters and cutters. But I won't get into that unless you need specifics.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Travel humidor any brand with boveda humidification pack. Place in carry on and stick cutter in checked baggage. Never had any issues with loss or damage when sticks are in carry on.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always depended on the cutters of strangers... at the MKE Herf. In other places I'll buy a cheap one once I land.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use a small camera case from Harbor Freight. The brand is Apache, take out most of the foam and you can fit 25 or more sticks in there.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last few flights I was on I brought a cheap giveaway cutter in the case and had no problems bringing it on the plane. For lighter always flic your bic!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

My keychain punch has always made it through TSA. I seem to have misplaced it though. Her a dor has been on may flights with me. If I’m going somewhere I know I will buy cigars then I will also take a gal freezer bag and a decent size Tupperware container (just in case)