Home General Discussion

Do I keep the cigars in there packing or take them out of there packaging?

Cruiser5Cruiser5 Posts: 17 ✭✭

Hello, aficionados. Another stupid question from Cruiser5 here. When I receive my cigars in their packaging sleeves, would you recommend taking them out and placing them in your humidor or keeping the sleeves on? I've seen folks doing it both ways but I've never had clarification on the issue. Thank-you.

Answers

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my dirty secret, I have more cigars right now than space so I have several bundles still in plastic stacked on top of trays. Doesn't seem to cause any trouble and keeps them from rolling all over the place.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Most of us here prefer other terminology like cigar enthusiast or cigar nerd or cigar Wh0rE.

Yeeeap I am fasho a hoe

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Their.

Thank you

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    This was just the push I needed to buy some stacking organizers at Daiso and corral all my loose overflow sticks in my crate.

Before

Afterish

Thanks buddy I feel much better knowing that's how they now look.

No, not low, I had to take out a box to get everything to fit back. I'm packed to the gills.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    This was just the push I needed to buy some stacking organizers at Daiso and corral all my loose overflow sticks in my crate.

Before

Afterish

So much empty

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

They're all full now, I took all the bundles I had and cigars that came in bags and put them in the trays. Found some cigars I'd been looking for.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    They're all full now, I took all the bundles I had and cigars that came in bags and put them in the trays. Found some cigars I'd been looking for.

Prove it

Don't look ↑

You can just see the top of the third tray in the back of my Iris 62 quart crate with all the bags of cigar trades and bombs I need to smoke and the Comfortably Numb box I needed to empty into a tray and remove to get the lid to close.

If I were smart and motivated I'd label each cigar with who sent it and load up the crate with more trays and get rid of all those bags.

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    @ShawnOL is running low on cello

Did someone say “cellophane bomb”?