Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bob's Bodacious Bomb

Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I realized that I acknowledged Bob's bomb in the wrong location. This is my attempt at correcting that mistake.

Bob was asking me about my cutter the other night on the herf, being the innocent lamb I am, I had no idea where his motives truly lay. However, now I know, he was planning to bless me with the gift below, for which I am very grateful. Thank you, @Bob_Luken.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice hit, Bob.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go @Bob_Luken

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options

Still waters run deep.

• Options

I just used the cutter for the first time. It was such a smooth and decisive cut that I about dropped the thing. I am used to far more resistance.

I thought it fitting to use the cutter for the first time on a cigar from Bob, so I selected the Nestor Miranda.

• Options

I was wearing my Nestor Miranda hat I picked up at the Muletown TN herf with Bob on the vHerf last night.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well played @Bob_Luken
    Nice Hit!

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@Hobbes86 said:
    I just used the cutter for the first time. It was such a smooth and decisive cut that I about dropped the thing. I am used to far more resistance.

I thought it fitting to use the cutter for the first time on a cigar from Bob, so I selected the Nestor Miranda.

That particular model is slippery for me too. There's just no texture, just bare smooth metal. Mine's got a few dings from all the times I've dropped it. And I've dropped it in my ashtray a few times because I'm trying to drop the cap in the ashtray. Now that I think of it, I think I'll apply some electrical tape along the outside edges.
    (3 & 1/2 minutes later)
    I used duct tape. I think that'll help. Time will tell.

• Options

What made me almost drop it wasn't necessarily the design or lack of texture, but that I put more effort into it than I needed to. I guess I got used to having to apply more force with my old cutters than I realized. No wonder I was cracking the caps, my other cutters are dull compared to this one!