Home General Discussion
Options

Cigars cracking

MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have my humidor set to 65, lately the humidity here in Georgia has been between 80-100. I’m wondering if raising the humidity in my humidor might fix this issue or if humidity outside is going to cause this regardless. Is there a way around this or possibly just the type of wrapper? This typically happens with the thinner/lighter colored wrappers

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum said:
    I have my humidor set to 65, lately the humidity here in Georgia has been between 80-100. I’m wondering if raising the humidity in my humidor might fix this issue or if humidity outside is going to cause this regardless. Is there a way around this or possibly just the type of wrapper? This typically happens with the thinner/lighter colored wrappers

Take your cigars out of your humidor and let them acclimate. I usually keep them out for 30-60 minutes depending on the vitola.... bigger ring stays out longer. Play around with how long to keep them out and keep track.

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision ill try that again, been hesitant with it since last time I tried to acclimate it busted in the 30 minutes I had it out, then again it was during the winter so maybe that had its own effect

• Options

@MrPossum said:
    @Vision ill try that again, been hesitant with it since last time I tried to acclimate it busted in the 30 minutes I had it out, then again it was during the winter so maybe that had its own effect

Not sure about Georgia but it's less than 50-60 RH in the winter so I just pull it out and smoke it. (yes.... pun intended)

• Options

Also... try putting a few in your regular humidor and a few in a double ziplock or air tight Tupperware both using the same Boveda.... see if that changes.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

And just a heads up for next time..those under crown sun grown wrappers can be very delicate to begin with. Other than that…what he said

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

It won't hurt to pull them out the day before.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sun grown and Cameroon are very delicate. They blow up on me all the time

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Summertime Blues in the swampy humidity.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the last 1000 cigars I have had just 3 that have cracked. Must be lucky.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

No you're that good edward

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must come from living on the water.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.