Home Pipes
Options

Noob reviews- Captain Black Original

Smoug420Smoug420 Posts: 61

The aroma in the pouch is earthy, nutty, and some vanilla

tobacco came in good smoking condition but I'd say it's a little on the dryer side which isn't a bad thing

The first half of my bowl it was very smooth with a wonderful sweet nutty vanilla flavor.
The second half of the bowl dropped most of the vanilla flavor and I was left with a mild nutty burley flavor overall very pleasant

Nice room note, I enjoy it and you could smoke this blend in public

I can see why this tobacco separates a lot of people. on one hand it's a sweet, mild tasting and pleasant aromatic, but on the other hand it's a two note song. But In my humble opinion it plays the two notes very well.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first year in the Army this is what I smoked. Only had room, or money, for one pipe, one tobacco. It was solid, dependable. Some of my barrack-mates, 6 man room, complained that the after note smelled like farts, but I was pretty sure it was one or more of them.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Smoug420Smoug420 Posts: 61

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    My first year in the Army this is what I smoked. Only had room, or money, for one pipe, one tobacco. It was solid, dependable. Some of my barrack-mates, 6 man room, complained that the after note smelled like farts, but I was pretty sure it was one or more of them.

Definitely them but it's a good story to tell and a great memory I'm sure.