Home Pipes
Options

Noob reviews- C&D We Three Kings

Smoug420Smoug420 Posts: 61

When I opened the tin the smell was light baking spice, Sweet Virginia smell, and a bright musky note

The first half of the bowl was unremarkable don't get me wrong it was good quality tobacco and the flavor was nice but nothing out of the ordinary
the second half introduced me to something new I believe it's the Oriental in this blend that left a sweet and sour taste in my mouth every once in awhile and that was very interesting when it mixed with the light baking spice

Room note was almost non-existent mostly just smells like Oriental tobacco

Definitely not my favorite aromatic but it has introduced me to the sweet and sour Oriental flavor and for that I'm grateful. Overall an average tobacco blend I couldn't recommend it.

Update

Over the past week I've really grown fond of this blend. Between the new packing method I'm using, using the breath method for a cadence, and letting the tobacco sit for 30min before I pack it I have unlocked the wonderful flavor in this tin.

The herbal, black tea, baking spice, floral, sour and sweet flavors remind me very much of rye whiskey and while I haven't tried pairing them together yet I think they would complement each other very nicely, alternatively for my non- acholic friends black tea or herbal tea would do it justice as well.

All of the other tobaccos I've smoked so far have been sweet, gooey, super cased/topped aromatics and while they taste nice and I believe that they have a solid respectable place in everyone's rotation, or perhaps for special times of the year in my opinion nothing can hold a match to the bouquet of flavors in this tin.